We have just came back from the Youth Retreat Service that Ps Rachel had invited Kelv & I as the special guest speakers to the Youth of ROLC and boy, I can not in my natural eyes fathom just how awesome our God truly is....
It all began during that lunch session with all the Pastors back in October. Pastor Rachel had asked Pastor Ken 'who should I invite as guest speakers for the upcoming Youth Retreat in Dec?'. Ps Ken immediately said 'Oh that's an easy one! Kelvin & Vicky.. boy you should've seen them preach their hearts out to the youth at the villages of Cambodia! The messages were powerful etc'. Both Kelv & I smiled with embarrassment and said 'um.. yes yes yes...you enjoying your food?' trying to change the topic. For some reason with only half and hour of knowing each other, Ps Rachel knew in her spirit that we were it - the two guest speakers of their Youth Retreat to be held on Dec 26th (I speak) -27th (Kelv speaks). After praying & discussing about it, Kelv & I eventually agreed to take this privilege on board.
So fast forward, three months later to tonight. With all the travels leading up to this event, I had only 1 day to thoroughly prepare for the message although I had already knew what to preach on. Both Kelv & I prayed & fasted over tonight's meeting. We were waiting in great expectation for God to show up as I knew there was no way in the world that my message would make any impact without His annointing. My Message title was called "Faith, I can move mountains" taken from the scripture Mark 11:22-25 Finally at around 8:15pm after P&W was over, Ps Rachel introduced me to go up to preach to approx 20+ Youth ranging from 13-19y.o. I knew these Singaporean teenagers were very conservative vs the typical Aussies. Ps Rachel had too warned me already. As I began my introductions, I could see all the faces looking at me weirdly. Butterflies were flying in my stomach left right and centre. However, as I began to preach, God really took over. Some of the revelations said was not of my own. I didn't even prepare for it. God literally put the words in my mouth to the point that even I too was amazed! Not only that, God prompted me to say some of my own life's experiences/testimonies that I didn't even prepare for.
Towards the end of the night, I remember thinking to myself 'oh no, die ler.. I'm about to close the sermon now and I can't see these kids responding to the message at all. Some more, they hardly laughed at my jokes!'. But, with a mountain-moving-faith, I persevered on to challenge everyone of them to respond to my message. As their eyes were closed, one by one their hands lifted up asking for prayers. I was absolutely blown away....
"Not by might, not by power, but by my spirit", says the Lord
The next scene was beyond our imagination. I really thought I would just close my message tonight with a prayer for everyone and then go home. Done. Kapish. Thank God it was all over. But God had other ideas. One by one, all the Youth that raised their hands came up to the front for prayer. We later found out from their parents/Ps Rachel that they usually don't come up to the front because they are very conservative/shy/too scared to lose face type of kids. It was then that I knew the unexpected was going to happen...
I asked all the leaders, Pastor & my husband to also come up to pray for these kids. We laid hands on each of them separately. Kelv & I could really feel the bondage in many of these kids. They were very much oppressed by the spirit of fear, rejection, anxiety & some even depression. As we prayed, the atmosphere really changed. There was such a strong sense of God in the place. Then.. One by one, these kids fell onto the floor slained in the spirit. Half of the audience were in tears and another few received the baptism of the Holy Spirit & were prophesied over. For many of them, it was the first time that they have ever seen the Power of God activating before their very own eyes. God was truly moving.
When the service finally ended at around 11pm, Pastor Rachel took Kelv & I to the back and told us of her amazement of what had happened tonight! She told us too that the theme of the Youth Retreat is actually titled "Expect the Unexpected" and boy did God deliver on this.
El Shaddai - God Almighty > You are Truly Good!

No comments:
Post a Comment