Thursday, December 27, 2007

No Coincidence. Only God-incident - Part III

3) The Power of a Mother's Prayer

We have recently came back from our five days trip to Macau & Hong Kong. Yes it was memorable. But for the wrong reason.

On the first day of our trip to Macau which was last Thursday, our beloved Canon Ixus 850 was stolen at our very own 4-Star hotel that we were staying in. It was gone within 10seconds after I had left it on the table to get breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. Everything was caught on camera. Including the thief's face. Who would've thought that he would be a middle aged man that looks like a father to some kid? What has the world become of?

After this incident had happened, we spent the whole day in Macau's police station. The scene & reports of crime were so evident in the department. Scenes of criminals being locked up in the room. Scenes of woman crying over her fear that she and her husband would be the next victim of a murder. It was absolutely awful. We spent the next 4days in HK trying to get over the loss of our 9-month old $677 camera.

To cut the story short, tonight when we got back home to Singapore, I saw an email from my mother (who didn't know anything about what had happened). She told me that recently, she had a dream. In her dream, I was only 8y.o. She took me to Disneyland on the train. There was a lot of people on the train. With all the pushing & shoving on board by the passengers, all of a sudden she had lost me. I was no where to be found. She panicked so much that she woke up in fear. She was so relieved it was only a dream.

However in her spirit, she suspected something was wrong as she knew Kelv & I were travelling in Macau/HK. Immediately, she started to intercede for us & covered us in prayer. Her dream happened on Wednesday night. Our robbery took place right after her dream on Thursday morning.

I tell you, if it wasn't for her spiritual covering, I truly believe that things could've been much worse. What's more, my mother has never taken me to Disneyland. Both of us rarely sat on a train together when I was growing up. So why on earth would she dream such an out of the ordinary dream? About two days later, I came to the conclusion that God really spoke to her of Kelv & I's safety in HK. We traveled so frequently on the MTR trains and it was very squashy & ppl were always shoving & pushing. Plus we sat on the line to go to Disneyland in HK too. It really blows my mind every time I think about it.
God always manages to speak to mothers when something bad happens to their child and mind you, this was not the first time that something like this has happened to my mother & I either.

Thank God for Mothers..

No comments: