Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saddest part of the human heart...

One of the most devastating thing in life any human being has to endure is when they lose a child. I just cry and tear every time I hear or read a story of when a parent loses their child. It's truly an uncomprehensible thought, an unbearable feeling that suffocates every body cell in your body.

I have been following the story of princess Charmaine from My feisty little princess blog for quite some time now. It's a true story about a Singaporean single mother sharing her pain, triumphs & journey of her sick young daughter fighting the battle of cancer. Moreover, if this was not bad enough, her little girl was diagnosed of cancer just after her husband had left her for her best friend leaving her all by herself to look after their son & sick daughter.

It's truly a moving story and I had hoped that it was going to be a happy ending. Sadly, she passed away two days ago after a long two plus years' battle. I am devastated because I have been following her journey now and then and finally finding out she has lost the battle at such a tender age. My heart shatters a thousand pieces for her mother who has lost her own flesh and blood forever.

Life at times can truly be so unfair..  May you princess Char, finally rest in peace.

You can read their full story here.