
On the morning of my birthday, I automatically woke up at 6:30am feeling incredibly blessed that by God's grace.. I have finally made it to my 30's! As I reflect upon the years, I felt that I had lived a very fulfilled life (so far anyway) and there was definitely no complaints there.
I remember when I had just turned 25, I encountered a really bad quarter life crisis. Despite the fact that I was doing well in my career and had many close friends and family around me, I still somewhat felt empty inside. I was still single and I really didn't know where God would take me by the time I hit 30. It was that feeling of unknown and the uncertainity of which I allowed it to envelop me. I had always wanted to get married by the age of 26 and to start a family by the age of 28 but at that time, I knew those dreams would only be just that.. dreams .. and not a reality.
Fast forward five years later, as I reflect upon that defining moment of my life, I am overwhelmed by God's favour and love in my life. Never would I thought He would still allow me to achieve it all despite me seeing it with my very own flesh that it would be impossible. Everything that I had always wanted to do in my twenty's, I had done.
In my late teens, I had always asked God if He could kindly grant me the following:
I wanted to get married by the age of 26, I got married at 25.75y.o. (totally unexpected too!) - tick
I wanted to move overseas and live a different culture/lifestyle - tick
I wanted to live in an apartment type of lifestyle before settling down - tick
I wanted to see the world with my husband - tick
I wanted to work in marketing, managing a well known brand in a region (as opposed to a country) - tick
I wanted to have my first child at 28y.o, I managed to have it at 26.75y.o - tick
I wanted a daughter so badly and God decided to grant that to me after our first born son - tick
I wanted to have 3 children by the age of 30 - half tick
Despite the fact that I have not reached a CEO status, nor do I drive a BMW or live in a mansion in Toorak, I am humbled by the fact that everything that was important to me, God has granted...
And so I commit the next decade unto His hand and I pray that His will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
To God be the glory and praise..

