Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mother's Group with friends


Remember back in high school days, when you would sit around with your close girlfriends pondering about life? about your dreams? about your future? Well I'm pretty sure we also had one of those moments where we'd joke about having babies some day and having them all close together so we could share maternity leave together!

Fast forward to more than ten years later, here we are! 4 girls all sharing mat leave and all unplanned too! I remember when all of us girls caught up in September last year, we were all asking how Chai was feeling since she was the first to announce she was pregnant. Then one hour into the conversation, they all looked at me and asked when my 3rd one was coming and I said 'April next year' and they still didn't get it until someone asked again. Then they all gave me a hug. Finally just before we left, we turned to Wongie and asked when she would become a mum and she replied 'May 4th' and the girls still didn't get it and I just jumped with joy (cos I knew no one would ever give an actual date as a response unless you were already preggers!) and everyone was yet again overwhelmed by all the pregnancies & especially that our babies would be born all around the same time!

So Chai had her bub on April 3rd, mine April 24th and Wongie's May 5th and all 3 of our baby girls' names start with M (unintentionally yet again!). Linda's baby boy is the luckiest of all to have 3 girlfriends already at such a young age!

Anyway, it has been a very uplifting mat leave so far as all 4 of us would be on our phones either msging each other or writing emails to each during wee hours of the night just sharing the same sleepless night issues with our bubs. It's like mother's group 24-7! lol.

I can't believe that the next time we have our Annual Christmas party, there will be 7 kids present already! Man talk about multiplying! lol.

Oh just look at how precious they are....eeeek!