On this day exactly one year ago, I gave my heart & hand to the one that I knew would be my husband. Even though I knew I was to leave the country a month after we finally got together, both of us knew in our spirit we were each other's life partner and despite knowing all the obstacles ahead of us, we had faith that God would move all the the mountains on our behalf. And boy did we have many mountains for God to move..
After dating for only 1mth, we got engaged everything seemed blissful. Then the most dreaded day came for us to part. We were separated by a 7.5hr flight away with a 2-3hr time difference. Finally, by God's grace we managed to endure a five months Long Distance Relationship for most of our courtship. We can both confess that it was in deed not easy. Looking back, it was definitely a tough journey but we really saw & felt God's hand upon it ever since day one. It's funny because through our entire journey, we never ever once had a single doubt or cold feet about entering marriage despite our 'out of the ordinary' way of courtship.
Moreover, who can forget the overwhelming task of organising our wedding where the bride & groom were separated by sea & two timezones. But by God's grace, we managed to pull it through with everyone's support in just under 6mths.
So now that we've been together for 1 whole year & married for 5mths, I am reminded of God's Amazing Grace & how His mighty hand had moved every obstacles for us to be together. Despite the challenges in the journey, nevertheless it was all worth it!
My husband is everything and more that I have prayed for. We are so similar in many ways, yet different in others in order for us to complement one another. We truly are a team and always wanting the best for each other. When we disagree on something, one of us would pray to God for Him to intervene and automatically the other person will see the light & we would come to a mutual consensus. No questions asked.
And.. like my engagement ring, God really is the centre rock of our r/ship & we are truly on each side of Him.. it's really an awesome journey & I will unashamefully confess 'I am so in love with my husband!' ;)
