Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Forgetfulness

I haven't been sleeping much these days not so much because of D. In fact, most nights, she's been sleeping through the night now because every time she wants to wake up for a feed in the middle of the night, I only go into her room to say hello and leave. She's caught on that mummy is not going to feed her in wee hours of the night any more.  Praise God!

So my body has decided to become an owl. I can't sleep until at least 1am these past weeks and by the time the kiddies wake up, I've only had btw 5-6hrs of sleep which is not a lot at all for me...

So because of my sleep deprivation, here are some of the stupid things that I've done recently:

1) Paid for my groceries and walked away without taking them (I did this at least 3 times now.. one would think you'd learn? nope.)
2) Take out the toaster, take out my frozen bread ready to be toasted. Get distracted by something. Puts toaster away. Takes frozen bread out of the bag and voila, toaster is gone! where did it go? I could've sworn it was there!..Literally, that is how stupid I am to even think that someone has taken the toaster..
3) In the shower - wash face, wash hair, wash body. Oh have I washed my face yet? nope. Wash face. Hang on.. dejavu! I'm pretty sure I've done this action before.. oh yes I've washed my face already. (I've done this at least ten times -what is wrong with me?!)
4) Frantically cooking downstairs while the 2 kiddies are asleep upstairs. I have two saucepans on the burner - one small, one big. I take the lid off the small saucepan to taste the food. I do the same for the big saucepan. Yes, it tastes fine just needs to cook a little longer. I place the lid of the small saucepan on the big saucepan and SPLASH!
5) Puts Davina on the changing table to change her nappy. All done. Puts her back on the bed. Goes to the toilet and wash hand. Comes out, stares at the changing table... AAAAHHH! MY BABY HAS FALLEN OFF THE CHANGING TABLE!! Lose 20yrs of my life in that one second of thought.. looks back on the bed.. oh there you are!
6) Eat breakfast with the kids. Eat 2 of my multi-vitamins (which is the max dose for the day). Play with the kids. Change their nappies. Puts D to sleep. Goes back to my multi-vitamins. Have I taken these already? I don't think so. Pops 2 in my mouth. Feels sick afterwards.
7) Goes downstairs to make breakfast for Z. Comes upstairs. D is on her bouncer chair. Her gor gor is on the sofa watching TV. I sit between them. Gets a spoon of Z's breakfast and starts to put in D's mouth.. OMG Yikes! What am I doing? she's got no teeth!!
8) Puts on Davina's shorts. Plays with her for four hours. Daddy comes home. Takes a look at her and asks 'Mummy, why have you put two of her legs in the one hole of her shorts?'. 'Oh did I?'... OOOPSSSS!
So there you have it. I have completely gone mad...
Oh memory cells, where have you disappeared to?

3 comments:

Siska Harrison said...

oh, vick... this is hilarious. I was cracking up laughing. sorry, shouldn't laugh, but cant help it. LOL! hopefully your memory cells find their way back to your brain when you are going to work. otherwise you might stay at the office til midnite, repeating the stuff you've already done but can't remember if you've done it. LOL!

Mrs Ming said...

hehehe.. I'm glad someone can laugh at my stupidity :)

yes I hope SK-II will still be selling in Myer/David Jones by the time I'm done with it ;)

Anonymous said...

u r so funny! ... wat can i say :D
neways, dun worry it didn't happen to u only .. tis things happen to me too n my other fren who is a mother of 2 also! i guess tis is d price to pay wen u hv kids ......
xoxoxo steph