Monday, January 10, 2011

Mat leave is ending...

I have exactly 3 weeks to go before I resume work again. Can you believe it's been 6mths since I stopped work already?! Wow what a journey it has been! I have loved staying at home looking after my babies in particularly cleaning up vomit, changing hundreds of nappies (ok first two.. not really), bathing them, reading stories to them, feeding them, dressing them, taking them for a stroll to our local supermarket and parks, toilet training Z, practicising controlled crying on D, waking up in the middle of the night for my 1:1 time with D and of course all the mundane jobs of being a maid housewife. They were definitely not all fun moments (I'd be lying if I said they were all great!). We've had our shares of cries and insanity. But it's definitely one that I wouldn't trade for anything. The rewards you reap afterwards far outweighs any of the hardwork involved and I'm sure every parent agrees with me :)


I was supposed to be on mat leave for 7mths (which I think is a nice number b/c you can actually prepare your baby for solids which begins at the 6mth period so that you can go to work peacefully - but I guess now I have to just start her earlier). However, my new boss decided to ring me while I was holidaying in Malaysia! Yes, they were that keen to get my a$$ back to work. They actually wanted me to start in January. Yeah right! *rolling eyes*

Having said that, I'm actually quite excited about going back to work. My new job will be every girl's dream and that is managing the prestige brand with a new channel for me to focus on. Instead of Supermarket division, I'll now be handling department stores! Woo hoo! Both combinations are something I've never done before and I'm so ready to embrace it! Moreover, there's a good chance I may just meet Cate Blanchett herself too as she's the face of the brand! I really can't wait!
Oh and I find it funny too that I seem to be managing brands that compliment very well with each stages of my life. Eg. When I was a young yuppy DINK, I was managing Herbal Essences, when I was an expectant mum, I was managing Pampers and now that I am mum of 2, I am managing an anti-aging brand which is perfect for my emerging fine lines due to the lack of sleep :)

So now, my biggest challenges are to get bb D to:
1) feed on bottle (as she is quite stubborn on this and is refusing to drink her milk from the bottle after a month of all of our family members trying)
2) sleep for 12hours straight so mummy doesn't look like a zombie when she goes back to work :)
3) eat solids and have no constipation

The count down and challenge begins!

p/s All of a sudden, many of my girl friends (more like aquaintances) have told me that I am now their new best friend since finding what I will be doing. lol.

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Congrats on your new role.. how exciting. Good luck with everything.

Mrs Ming said...

Hi Charmaine!

Thanks for popping by and for your well wishes. Are u also going to be my new best friend now? Hehe..

You have two very pretty girls! I'm so envious that u no longer r a mother of infants and toddlers..if only I could fast fwd time ;)

Hope u have a fantastic 2011!
Mrs M

Siska Harrison said...

Whoaaa... has it really been 6 months??? time is one scary thing. passed way too quickly.

Hope D will adapt soon to the new things, ie. the bottles, the sleep etc. I'm sure you are excited with your new role!

Take care, Vick