Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pregnancy 3: 'Twas a miracle!

I can not thank God enough for granting our desire to have our last child at the specific time that I had requested. Each time I look back at how it all happened, I am truly amazed by His faithfulness..

So here's a little testimony of how our 3rd bub was conceived.

During the start of the year, Mr M & I was so indecisive about whether or not we really should in fact go for a third child. One minute, I was adamant that we must have 3 children and that was it. Full.Stop. But then Mr M would convince me that two was more than enough. I would then get swayed to being content with our status quo. Finally, when I had suggested that we should stop at two, Mr M would then tell me what a joy it would be to have three. This changing of our minds business would go on for half a year.. It was just tiring!

Finally enough was enough. I decided I should just leave it to God. Let Him make the decision. I had made a prayer to Him one night that if it was His will that we have a third child, then by His grace, He would grant us the bub to be born no later than April 30th 2012 (as I want to ensure this child can at least go up a grade so that he/she would only be one year behind Davina even though they would be born technically two calendar years apart). This meant that July would be the absolute latest month to conceive. Now you think this was easy? Think again!

I had been breastfeeding for over ten months by then and I had not had my period for nearly two years (including Davi's pregnancy). So how on earth was I supposed to know when I was ovulating?? What's more, I had said that I would only stop breastfeeding D just before we go to our Europe trip in August so that literally gave us a few weeks in July to strike jackpot!

And... amazingly, I fell pregnant! Not because I am extremely fertile, but because of God's Grace that He had allowed it to happen. I can not for one second comprehend how impossible it would've been for this to happen given the very limited time frame but yet by His doing, it was possible.

I remember at my 12wks scan, I had asked my sonographer for my exact due date.. when he replied April 26th, I was absolutely gobsmacked. That is like 4 days before the due date I had given to God. lol. He definitely has a sense of humour and knows how to teach me patience alright :)

To God be the glory..