I can not believe our baby of the house is now 3 month's old! That is a quarter of the year gone! Oh how fast they grow.. sniff sniff..
Here are all of her developments:
1st month:
1) From the moment she was in my tummy, I just knew she would be a placid and very easy to look after baby. After all, my pregnancy with her was exactly the same as Zach's and Zach's temperament is one of good nature, happy to sit there and watch the world go by (after a feed and clean nappy). So I knew she wold be the same. And voila, as soon as she came out, she cried just like him, she looked just like him and even the way she latched on and drank the breast milk was exactly like Z. I just couldn't believe it. She is a female version of Zach!
2) Throughout the entire three months, she has always been very good at sleeping in the day time. She would sleep at least 3hours straight, play for 15-30mins and then go back to sleep and repeat. It's not until the 5-9pm mark, that's when she would cry and cry and cry and everything that we did just did not settle her. It reminded me of when Zach was exactly the same. They call it the sun down period (ie when the sun goes down), apparently all the elderlies and all the babies become very unsettled (talk about similarities btw the old and new - old folks going back to the start of the pie in the cycle of life).
3) At 9 days old, she weighed 3.34kg which was back to her birth weight!
4) At 3weeks old, she weighed 3.94kg & fits in 000 perfectly
5) At 5weeks old, she weighed 4.69kg at 54cm length, with a head circumference of 38cm.
2nd month:
1) She was officially diagnosed with breastmilk jaundice at about 6 weeks of her life. Unlike normal jaundice, where the baby is severely tired, breastmilk jaundice just makes them look yellow but she was still as alert as ever. Breastmilk jaundice usually last for 3 months (vs normal jaundice which is around 2wk-4wks).
2) We also shaved her hair at 6wks since she did not have much hair. I thought I'd do her a favour by shaving it off so that she can have coarser/thicker strand hair in her later years..
3) I think at week 8, this was truly a milestone for her. All of her sudden, she was a super responsive baby. She would smile back to you - her first true smile (unlike the milk drunkard ones). The major difference between Makayla and my two other babies is that she is definitely the most responsive out of the three. Any one that holds her and look straight at her cooing to her, she will automatically respond back. This happened from week 8 onwards and she is still going at it ever since.
4) I never gave her the dummy so the poor girl would be crying her lungs out when she wanted my attention. Since I have two older ones to care for, many times, her cries would be unattended. Not because I don't want to, but because I had no more hands! The good side of this is that she's learnt to sleep awake all by herself without any aid (ie dummy, rocking, etc) from about week 8 onwards.
5) At 9weeks old, she weighed 5.67kg at 57cm length, with a head circumference of 40.5cm and fits in a size 00 perfectly.
3rd month:
1) At exactly 3 months, we decided it was time to move her from her bassinet into the big cot in her own room. Ever since then, M has decided that she would sleep from 7pm-7am! I think it's because I have never picked her up while she was crying, always swaddled her to sleep at the same time of the day and always when her eyes are open and the fact that she is in another room meant that she would not be tempted to wake up as soon as her tummy starts to grumble since she can smell her mummy's milk previously when we were in the same room. So there you have it, finally my third child.. there's no rocking, no dummy, no control crying! I think I need to write a book!
2) I showed her the mirror the other day and she loves looking at herself whilst cooing and smiling back at her twin. I on the other hand would be kissing her cheeks, pretending to eat it (still looking in the mirror) and she would smile in hysterics! Super cute!
3) Her neck is getting much more stronger but she still hates tummy time.
4) She is now wearing 3-6months/00-0 clothing and in crawler nappies
5) She has finally discovered her hands and loves to suck on it and use it to rub her eyes, mouth and nose.
6) It wasn't until the 2.5month mark that she was totally cleared from jaundice and regained her normal complexion in order for mummy to finally give her the photoshoot that she deserved.
7) She loves to grab things and loves to kick on the keyboard toy.
8) Out of all of my 3 children, M is the one that loves the bath. She hardly cries and when give her a headwash, she just stares at me with contentment and in total relaxation unlike the other two who absolutely hated the bath when they were a baby.
9) If the car is moving, she loves to sleep in her car seat which is very similar to Z (and contrast to D who hates her car seat even to this day).
Overall, M is such a good baby to look after. Probably the best out of the 3 (I think it's also cos I finally know what I'm doing! lol).
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment