Oh my dear xiao mei! so sorry mama hasn't wrote any where near as your jie jie and gor gor.. not because I love you any less, but because I am so busy with looking after the 3 of you and not to mention the sleep I am NOT getting! haiz...
Nonetheless, mama is trying extra hard to taking more photos of you and to write all of your milestones down.
Here are your developments:
4th Month:
1) Makayla has a real fascination with her hands. She would stare at it for ages and clasps her hand with each of her tiny fingers going in and out in utter amazement.
2) She loves eating her hands and sucks it to sleep. She also loves to rub her face/head and sometimes when she gets really angry, she would scratch all over her head! Poor thing!
3) Her cradle cap is slowly disappearing
4) She is still in size 00-0 clothing
5) She now knows how to move her eyes and head to follow an object she is watching
6) Her neck is getting stronger. Can do tummy time for at least 5 mins (as opposed to 1 min previously).
7) She sleeps from 6pm-6am, but occasionally wakes up at 1am for a feed when she has a growth spurt which lasts for at least 4 days
8) She loves her bath. Out of my 3 kids, M would be the only one that doesn't cry when she has a bath! She now has discovered the art of kicking and loves to kick in the water.
9) She is extremely good at holding things and grabs for things every now and then. When she sits on her bouncer, she loves to pull all of her toys down and she is very good at it!
10) She also loves to squeal and screams at the top of her lungs sounding like a bird in a very high pitched voice. It is very cute when you hear it as it sounds like she is talking to herself (usually in the cot).
11) She had her first ear infection (left ear).
12) She now weighs 6.47kg, standing at 60.5cm tall with a head circumference of 41.5cm. She is 50th percentile for her weight & 47percentile for her length. Jia you xiao mei, you have to be as tall as your jie jie!
5th Month:
1) At the end of the 5th month, formula milk was finally introduced to my little darling in preparation for mama to go back to work. She drinks S-26 and it has made her a bit constipated but my breastmilk has helped her to poo later in the day. So she still poos once a day! thank God! She now drinks about 180ml per feed x 5 feeds a day.
2) She now knows how to laugh in hysterics. She loves to stare at her siblings and loves to smile whenever they are around.
3) She wakes up every morning now at around 1am or 4am for a feed probably for around 2wks now.. I really hope this is not a permanent thing as I am just exhausted. Doesn't help me at all to go back to work in a few weeks time!
4) I have heard her say mama in her cries. Not sure if it was by accident or deliberate but I've definitely heard it at least 3 times now.
5) Like both of her siblings, she LOVES it when I sing to her 'twinkle twinkle little star' and with the actions. She just smiles every time with her eyes wide open in much excitement.
6) She was very sick for a whole month thanks to the stupid cold weather that doesn't seem to go away now that it's Spring. Her nose was severely runny, then became blocked usually at night, she had a slight temperature and even caught a cough too! It was very disheartening to watch but thank God she is now on the mend.
7) She is now very responsive as if she understands what I'm saying to her. She knows how to play peek-a-boo with me. When I slowly come give her kisses to her cheeks, it's as if she knows it and she would start to smile (without looking at me) knowing that I will kiss her soon. Sooo cute!
8) Whenever she wakes up, the first thing I would do is bring her to the mirror and ask her 'who's the pretty girl?' and she would smile in return. lol.
