Thursday, October 4, 2012

The power of the tongue...

So Mr M and I have been married for five years now! yes 5.whole.years! Where did the time go?

Our relationship from when we first got together until now has definitely evolved over time. Yes we still love each other. But we have somewhat transformed into the old fashion couple where surprises are no longer needed. And when there is a surprise, it usually backfires on you.

Let me begin the story..

Picture me with 3 kids, sleep deprived, kids screaming, no time for myself, 1001 things to do in only 8hours during the day. We had just received in the mail a registered post notice for us to go to the PO to pick it up. Of course it was addressed to Mr M so I decided, bleh! no time today.. I'll do it tomorrow.

So the next day came and yet again it was a havoc day with only 4hours of sleep. I had to get feed the kids, brush their teeth, dress them and send them to childcare all before 8:30am. Then I frantically rushed to my accountant to do our tax return (yes my hubby had kindly forgotten about it and couldn't make it in the end leaving me in charge.. again). So the accountant and I spent 3 hours punching data in. The room was getting hot. I was getting tired and extremely agitated. After that, it was a dare devil dash to get a hair cut and yes.. usually visiting a salon should be a very pleasant and relaxed experience. Not when you have 3 kids! I even had to hurry the hairdresser and even said.. don't worry about blow waiving it even though I had paid for it already.

Then I rushed home to attend my little one to relieve my mum of her babysitting duties. Mr M rings home and the conversation goes like this:

Mr M: How did the accountant go? what happened?
Me: I was too tired and frustrated to go through it in details so just replied with 'fine'
Mr M: What time are you picking up the kids?
Me: Whenever I want to pick up the kids.
Mr M: Are you going to pick up my registered mail?
Me: At this time, my blood had reached its boiling point.. I exploded with
Have you done x y z for me yet?
Mr M: Oh no I haven't
Me: Well then of course I'm not going to pick it up. You can go yourself to pick up your registered mail because you know what I always deliver for you and you never deliver for me. Remember when I had asked you to ring Optus to get your iphone upgraded to iphone 5 so that I can finally have a new iphone? (since I still had his crappy old iphone 3-the first ever that came out which is sooooo slow now!). Well have you done it? of course not right? because the upgrade is not for you so why the rush right? Well guess what? you can go pick it up cos I have no time!' and then I probably added another 3K words after that cos seriously he got me in such a bad mood and all of his orders was not at all helping!

In the back of my mind, I knew I was going to pick up his registered mail.. but I just had to say it to get it off my chest since he was bossing me around at the wrong time of the day!

So when we hung up, I drove to the PO, gave the man my registered mail notification slip. He went away and gave me a box in return. While I was signing he said 'oh you got a new phone?'  .. at that point in time, my heart sunk.  So I said to the man 'how do you know it's a phone?', 'oh because I have worked here long enough to know that when a phone order is always delivered in these boxes with the same seal'.
O.M.G! What have I done?!

So that night I left Mr M's registered mail on our dining table for him to open the box 'pretending' that I did not know anything about the phone (more like I was hoping to God it wasn't the phone'. As soon as he came home from work, he saw the box, gave me a kiss and said 'Babe, this is for you....'

I just wanted to shoot myself right there and then.

Of course my pride just would not let me apologise and instead I replied 'Awwww.. thank you babe! You're the best!' And magically, Mr M didn't even bring up my mood swing bullets that was fired at him earlier on that day! 

Another lesson learnt in the wonderful journey of marriage! ooOOPPSS!

No comments: