Sunday, February 3, 2008

An early Happy V day

Valentine's Day is coming up...

Since V = Valentine's & L = Love, when you mix them around it = LV!

Kelv promised me that with his first paycheck he would buy me a piece of LV item since I have never owned one in my whole lifetime! Also, since my Oroton wallet is slowly passing its age, I thought I would pick a wallet instead of a bag.

This afternoon, while shopping at LV in Takashimaya on Orchard Rd, I tell you it was the most craziest place I have ever seen. Firstly, there was a HUGE queue to go in.. yes you have to line up & the security guard controls who and when they can go in. (The reason for such a crazy shopping spree at LV is due to the Chinese New Year Bonuses!). Next, every time I asked to look at a piece of bag (monogram ones), as soon as I finished asking the price, someone else has just ordered the last piece - SOLD INSTANTLY. Then when I move onto the next bag, the same thing happens.. SOLD SOLD SOLD literally within 10secs one bag after another. I felt like I was in an auction bid and it even got me really nervous.

Anyway, I decided not to compete with the lunatics on bags. Rather I decided to prudently & efficiently pick my very beautiful wallet. Guilt came over me when I read the price tag - OMG a whopping 4 digits!! (all the wallets I've owned in my lifetime were ever 2 digits!). Since Kelv really wanted me to have it, I decided to also buy one for him too especially since V Day was coming up (on Feb 14th for everyone who don't know!). Both of our wallets are made in where else but France!

When we both finally agreed to buy it for each other, I was horrified when the salesman said 'we have just sold out on the black colour, it won't come in for at least 3mths!'. 'You've got to be kidding', I thought. I then immediately asked him to ring another store & bingo the black coloured wallet which is the lucky last one was found at DFS building on Scotts Road. Kelv & I rushed our way to get it before some other LV Lunatic got to it!

I tell you, I never ever thought LV was such a high craze item in Singapore. My cous sis once said to me 'Once you start buying LV, you won't be able to stop'. Hmm.. after such a stressful shopping experience, I don't think that wil be applicable to us ;)