Our little one is finally 4months & boy has he reached many milestones! At four months, we have introduced his new playgym courtesy of my highschool chickies & his all time fav Jolly Jumper courtesty of Charlene & her family which he absolutely loves! We laugh every time he's on it cos he looks just like a man walking on the moon. Anyway, here are the changes:
1) We have noticed just how playful he is now. Omg, this is such a world of a difference compared to last month. He loves to scream at a high pitch at the top of his voice (I have myself to blame cos I always exagerates my excitement with him by laughing at a high pitched voice & now he's imprinted from me). He usually does this when he's very happy or when he's trying to get his parent's attention. He would sometimes throw his toy on the ground too on purpose so that we would pick it up and fetch it for him. Then he would throw it again just so he could gain attention. He does a good job at it too!
2) He loves to stand. Everytime I hold him in a standing position, he laughs & is soooo happy. I think that's why he loves his Jolly Jumper so much
3) He sleeps on avg 7-8hours although there was one night he slept for 10hours straight without a feed.
4) He is very strong on his tummy now. His head is up for at least 30seconds before he flops down (in the past it was on avg 10secs). When I took him for his checkup, the maternal child nurse gave him a toy in front of him & he started to crawl a little to grab it! I was sooo proud! Even the nurse said he's a very strong boy!
5) He now weighs 7.3kg which really surprised me as his weight increase has slowed down from previous months. Still, he looks like a Michelin baby with his rolls of fat.. kekeke...
6) Baby's head circumference is now 43cm up from 1.5cm & his length is 63cm up from 2.5cm vs last month.
7) He is now in his 'attachment' phase whereby if you are a stranger to him, he would cry and cry and cry until one of his parents hold him. I thought it was very touching at first but now I'm finding this a big headache. The same applies to when we take him outside of our house. If he is in a unfamiliar territory, he would too cry as he knows it is not his home. Amazing! Also, if I walk out of his room after putting him in his cot, he would literally stare at me with the 'mummy pls don't go look' and then starts to cry as soon as I walk out the door!8) He had his 4months vaccination today. A very brave boy. The first jab, he was fine, no tears whatsoever. However, the second jab, he screamed & cried loudly. Luckily it only lasted for a minute because his daddy was there to give him a cuddle.
9) Here he is with his new playgym which helps him to 'like' tummy time b/c of all the words/cartoons on the mat. All these motivate him to lift his head up longer & he does! :)
10) Here is his Jumper Jolly which makes him look like he is 'moon walking'. He loves it when I bounce him on it too :) I think I love JJ more than him! ha!
11) We also decided to fill his bath with more water so that he feels like he is 'swimming'. His reaction was sooo funny. First, he was really tense as you can tell by his little toes on his feet. Next, his face was like the inquisitive.. 'what on earth is happening' look. Then finally after a few minutes, he was splashing all the water around with all his kicks. So so cute!
12) He loves to imitate us. When he's crying non-stop, occasionally you can hear him scream out 'mummy'. Both Mr M & I have heard this at least four times now! Also, I have discovered that every time he yawns, he does this moan and groan sound straight after and guess where he learned it from?! His daddy!! But then again his high pitch scream & hysteric laugh are all thanks to me :) It's really scary when you see yourself via your baby's actions! I can not imagine when he starts to talk. We better not say any bad things in front of him just in case ;)
13) He loves to stare at us eat. Dinner time is a very easy time for us b/c he would just sit in his rocking chair doing nothing but stare at us eat and then occasionally he would do a high pitched laugh to get attention from us.
14) He loves to clinch his hands together as if he's doing a 'praying' or more 'gong xi gong xi' pose. I think he learned this after I taught him how to clap his hands.
15) He loves to eat his hand & put everything in his mouth. My parents suspect is b/c the teeth on its way :)
16) We have bought him a mini-hifi to put in his room. His daddy loves to put on the classical music channel for him to fall asleep to it. It works sometimes. As for me, I love to put on the baby lullaby CD for him not for himself for me as it reminds me of my childhood :) It also helps him to fall asleep - sometimes.
17) He poos less frequently now. On avg, once per day.
18) He is very good at grabbing things now. Not only that, he would grab it and not let go. Occasionally, I would bend over and give him a kiss. To my dismay, he would grab my hair so hard that he would not let go. I have to scream in pain & take this hand blindly to detangle the grab. Furthermore, he likes to pinch your skin especially when he misses grabbing your clothing. Painful I tell ya!
19) When he is breastfed, I find it amusing to see him needing to grab something. He would usually grab my top & then he would let go, grab it again, let go, grab it again, let go in a stroking movement up and down in order to further enhance his 'drinking milk' experience :) It is very cute.


2 comments:
wow vicky... you look very slim now. you got back your figure in just 4 months.
and zach, he's 7 something kg??? he really loves his milk ha? it's good that he loves to eat. i'd much prefer that than having kids who are fussy eater like mine.
he's getting cuter and cuter too. you know... briefly he looks like ika (my sister) when she was a baby. even when i showed her Zach's photo, she was like, OMG, he looks like me when i was a baby. hahaha. so very cute zach is...
hmm.. I wonder how Zach & Ika could possibly look like each other? I mean I can not see any resemblance with Mr M & I with your parents right? hahah.. but it's still amazing to see babies from different parents look like each other.
Thanks for the compliment! I have lost the weight but my stupid bones have still not shrunk. Still managing to squeeze into my jeans though it is still not comfortable to wear just yet! Will let you know ;)
Hope Caleb is not giving you too much grief :)
Post a Comment