Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Zachariah at 10 months!




Our little one is becoming more and more playful by the day! All of a sudden, Zach has turned from a very quiet, well behaved little baby to a cheeky, extremely playful boy! Nonetheless, we love him to bits & gosh have I told you just how cute he is?! *sayangs*
Here are his developments:
1) Zach still has no teeth but still LOVES his food very much! (which is not a bad thing considering I'm still b/f him)

2) Zach loves to furniture walk all around the house especially with our king size bed (thank God we bought a leather bed vs wooden frame - note to all those newly weds out there who are yet to become parents as they will occasionally fall but the leather won't hurt as much as the dangerous wooden corners!)

3) If you're sitting down on the carpet with a laptop or whatever you're doing... he will crawl up to you & grab onto you so he can stand. Or he will want to type and feel whatever you are holding. So this means it's extremely hard to do things like book hotels for our trip to US when he's around!
4) Z LOVES to crawl all over the house. We only let him crawl upstairs b/c it is carpet & we vacuum it clean for him to crawl vs downstairs which is cold wooden floors & mummy over here is too lazy to mop every week! LOL! So every time we let him go on the floor, he would start crawling from one end of the house to another. He usually loves to go into his room to pull out those Clarks leather shoes that aunty Yulie got him. He loves playing with them for some weird reason...

5) He is more aware of how things work now. The other day, we kept on seeing him itching his arm which has patches of dry skin. However, his dry patches has been there ever since he was about 3mths old but he never scratched it until now! So this means, he has actually discovered the art of scratching his itch! Clever boy! However, mummy & daddy don't like this very much. We took him to the doctor in an attempt to find a cure for his itchy skin. The doctor scared us that it could be ezcema but thank God after he closely examined his arms, it was a false alarm! phew! So he just advised us to continue on using QV oil & cream and nothing else (yep not even J&J bath soap which I love the smell of!)

6) We've noticed Z's hair's growth is abnormally strange. Some strands are longer than the other. My friend suggested I gave him a haircut to even it up! What the?! I don't think I will be skilled enough to cut a 10mth old hair when he moves all over the show! So uneven hair it has to be :)

7) He will laugh in hysterics when you say the words: "bom bom (as if you've just fallen down)", "peekaboo!", "buoying buoying (like springing up and down)" , "li jing guo lai (Zach, come here in Chinese)" for some weird reason he will always laugh at these phrases.. Is it that funny Zach?

8) When strangers he don't see often comes over to our house, our little man starts to act like a little puppy dog as if guarding our house. He would just give this very unwelcoming stare at them for at least a good 10-20mins before he starts to warm up to you. Once that cooling off period finishes, that's when he will start to talk, laugh & play with you. It's very entertaining!

9) Z is a poor sleeper. He used to be able to sleep for at least 10hours before I changed his whole routine in prep for me to go back to work (silly me!). Now he wakes up 1-3 times per night! He was also a very easy baby to put to bed. All I had to do was pop him in his cot, switch on the his hanging mobile with the birds chirping noises, put a dummy in his mouth & off he went to dreamland... Now? omg.. where should I start? His daddy or I would put him in his cot, he would then flip over to his front, push himself up, holds onto his cot & start jumping up and down non-stop. I would then pop him down again, flip him back onto his back so he can sleep. Then he would get up again and undo everything that I had just done. I actually had a competition with him as to who would outlast the other. Of course I lost... so I walked out of his room. By that time, he was screaming & crying so loud that I was so certain that my reader in Cincinatti could hear it too! Finally, I gave him and went into his room only to find my poor little man's voice has changed, his tears have covered his face, his snot has clogged up his nose. I would feel immensely guilty & vow to myself that I would never let him cry like that again. So now how do I put him to sleep you ask? yes I put my hand up ashamely admitting that I do everything against what the textbook tells you in order to keep my sanity, my conscience intact & my baby happy. I think I will leave it to the hands of the experts when I check the 3 of us into a sleep school next month... sigh... Why couldn't life be easier?

10) Z's favourite word is undoubtedly 'dada'. Each time I say to him 'mama', he would repeat back to me 'dada'. I would say to him again 'mama' and this time he would say it even louder 'dada'. Then I would say to him 'mummy', he would repeat back to me 'daddy'. So yes, I am convinced the word daddy actually means mummy according to a 10mth old anyway :)

11) Z is 96% his father (1% of him is my complexion, 1% are my eyes, 1% is my nose & final 1% is 1 of my dimple). His appetite is just like his dad's. His cheekiness is also like his father & he sleeps just like his dad too (and I didn't even know the way you sleep can be through genetics too! *gasp*) Z now loves to steal my pilliow. When he is placed asleep in btw Mr M & I (without a pillow), he would all of a sudden (and I really do mean all of a sudden like in the middle of the night when I least expect it and whilst I'm still in dreamland) pull his head up & whack himself straight bang onto MY pillow (NEVER on his daddy's.. ALWAYS mine!). So by the time the morning arrives, he has covered nearly 60% of my pillow face down onto one side & has successfully pushed his mummy off the bed as if to tell me it's time to get up and go to work while he continues on to sleep like a pig an angel with his daddy...
You got to love my two babiesSSS!

2 comments:

sika said...

aww.... too cute.... has he grown or what????

so you guys are heading to sleep school hey? a lot of ppl who went there told me that their 'hard to put to sleep' babies slept very well during sleep school that the experts were wondering why parents were complaining about their babies not sleeping well. so just beware! Zach might do this same trick to you guys... when you want to show the experts how difficult he is to put to sleep, he'll sleep beautifully to prove you wrong. but of course... it might not happen. to some ppl it happened.
anyway, good luck!!!! hope Zach sleep well for you guys

Anonymous said...

he is jus so cute - 10 mths, wow, dats pretty fast. Yup! totally agree he's 96% of his daddy ... let me correct 95% - 1% is ur looks in him.
Talking abt stealing ur pillow - same here ... emily would sleep in d centre (n mind u we give her lots of space) by d middle of d nite she has conquer 1/2 of my space n pillow too! n poor mummy here only get a small little wee space:-( ... n it has neva happened 2 daddy.
steph