Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Zachariah at 21 months!


Zachariah is becoming more and more talkative by the day! Mr M & I are so impressed by his development! Here they all are:

1) He has learned a lot of new words & can say at least one word from each alphabet from A-M
He also know 1,2,3 in Chinese & recognises ABC thanks to Wiggles. lol.

2) He absolutely loves Wiggles & Hi-5- I think he loves hi-5 more cos it's got lots of music & dancing but he just sits there & stares at them religiously. He doesn't get up and copy them at all. It's quite amusing to watch too.

3) He loves eating his fries - His fav fast food chain is Hungry Jacks (thanks to his dad of course!) which he calls it Hungy Jak ah... Every time we drive past one, he would point to it & say its name. He associates fries with Hungry Jacks so whenever we give him fries, he would refer to it as Hungry Jacks. So funny. Oh and did I mention how much he loves his strawberry thickshake thanks to Mrs M's influence? lol.


4) He has master the art of throwing his tantrums - Every time we're at the supermarket, he would point to lollies and say 'lolly' and then take a packet off the shelf & wants us to open it. Oh my, I can really see a little rug rat in the making very soon. Terrible 2 is around the corner too. I'm holding my breath to see it unfold.

5) We are trying to toilet train him. The only thing is, he loves his mini toilet seat so much that he doesn't want to get off it and he uses it as a seat to watch TV with. Oh dear! When I do take all of his clothes & nappy off for him to sit on his dunny, he would sit there & smile back at me. What's worse is I'll make the sssshhhhhh sssshhhh or Ng Ng noise and he would just copy me and smile back. Nothing comes out even after 15mins! There was one time he ran to the toilet fully naked and peed all over the bathroom tiles instead of his little dunny that he had been sitting on for the past 10mins. I think I will officially start his toilet training properly in Summer.

6) He loves his grandparents a lot - Even now when my parents are away on holidays, he asks about them constantly. Every day without fail. I have to keep on repeating myself saying they're sitting on aeroplane - up up up. Cos he understands what is an aeroplane after seeing & sitting on one. He also loves his Ah Mah & yea yea especially his Ah Mah. The other night he woke up from his nap & cried uncontrollably for half hour non-stop until he vomitted so much food out cos he wanted his Ah Mah. That was only a once off incident though. Thank God. Whenever Mr M or myself drops him off at his grandparents place & the look on his face is priceless. He just waves at me/Mr M goodbye & can't wait to start his day playing with his grandparents!

7) He really is a mummy's boy - he can not let his daddy put him to sleep. Always needs his mummy. Although if daddy is no where to be seen, he also can not sleep. He needs to ensure his daddy is also nearby. If he doesn't want to sleep at night & it's getting late, I would threaten to leave the room so he automatically plonks himself onto the pillow after about 3 threats later. I can see although he's figuring out his limits, overall he's a really good boy. He always listens to you and most often obeys.

8) He understands a lot of words & instructions now. I talk to him like a little man. I ask him to bring this or that over to me and he does it. I tell him where we're going and he gets excited. He loves going 'gai gai' or shopping or 'mam mam'. The other day, we told him in advance that he will be getting a hair cut soon and surprisingly unlike the previous time, he was happy for his daddy to shave his head without any qualms or tantrums. He can also communicate back to you although some times it's still in gibberish but if you spend enough time with him, you will know what each word means.

9) His new words include - Heater (he used to pronounce it as Hee Ha), Wiggles, Happy Bigaga (which means he wants me to sing Happy Birthday in english & not chinese), Car (he used to pronouce all C's as D's so he would call it Dar.. but now he's perfected this word!), similarly, he can now say Cat instead of Dat, if you ask him in Chinese, 好吃吗? he will reply to you 好吃! it's sooo cute!, Bikuit = biscuit, Cheese, Key, Shoes, Sok = socks, he knows how to make the sound to dog, snake, lamb, cow, lion, chicken & cat (which he says 'Mina' which is b/c my parents neighbour has a cat called Mina so he thinks all Cat's noises should = Mina.. so funny!), He now pronounces the following 2 words to perfectly - Star, Moon, Apple, Pear, Banana & Papaya but mandarin is still = to manding.