Monday, June 28, 2010

Pregnancy 2: 34 weeks!

Picture taken at 32weeks!

So yes I have 6wks to go before I deliver & I have 4wks to go before I finish work! yes I'm literally going to finish up with 10 days to go! crazy I know but what to do? I need to work!

Anyway, I remember it was around start of this week, that my baby turned herself upside down! (thank God). Her head is down in my cervix ready to come out (well not really. She'll only be ready in 4wks time).
I now visit the toilet about 6-8 times a night every single night. It's pretty bad. I just feel her sitting on my bladder constantly as soon as she turned upside down. So this means I now look like a zombie from 33wks onwards. I have really bad shortness of breath & I get tired easily. My brains have slowed down too due to lack of sleep. Gosh I think this is all preparing me for the ride ahead. I still have low blood pressure. My gynae is convinced that this is a good thing.. well at least better than high blood pressure any way. She says baby is healthy especially since she moves soooooo much (probably like 3 times more than Zach when he was in my tummy). I have a feeling she is going to bully her gor gor. She also gets the occasional hiccups but not as much as when Zach did at 34wks.

So far, I've put on 11kg (yikes! there goes my hopes of putting on 12kg max!). A lot of ppl are telling me how small I look compared to other pregnant ladies. They all think my baby is going to be small. I think she will be at least 3kg though. Not that small! A lot of strangers too keep on coming up to me saying that they know it's a boy. And I'm like.. um.. no, it's a girl! they were all surprised considering how pointy I am. Thus, I'm convinced all these myths about boy vs girl baby are all just that.. myths! ain't true at all.

I can't eat too much nowadays otherwise I get a bad case of indigestion & heartburn (all started just this week!). I also have constipation which wasn't a problem with Zach as much but with this little one it's been the opposite despite me drinking so much water & eating fruits daily. Sigh.. I'm going to give metamucil a go next week (another proud P&G brand :)

I feel like I'm soooo unprepared with the 2nd child. I still haven't bought her a tall boy or wash all of her clothes to put it in. I still haven't got the double kit pram for our Phil & Teds. I still haven't prepared her bed, wiped all of Zach's old toys ready to hand it down to her. I am really bad aren't I? I'm hoping she doesn't come early cos I really do need the 10 days of maternity leave before my due date to get organised! A lot of ppl thinks she's going to come early. But I some how doubt it cos my mum was late for all 3 of her kids so I think it's somewhat genetics. We shall see...

1 comment:

sika said...

yes, you are very pointy indeed. just like when you were with Z, actually maybe now it's even more pointy. ah well.. there goes the old myth.

well.. not long to go now. all the best, Vick... hope the labour is easier this time round for you.

be extra careful. don't stress too much as you are working right up until 10 days prior. with both pregnancies, i worked up until 1 week before JL and JH came out. so i think as long as we are feeling okay, it doesn't really matter when we stop working.

seeing your picture, JL now demands a baby sister. *sigh*