Our little princess D just doesn't sleep at night. Last night, I tried for 3 whole hours to put her to sleep but all she wanted to do was to stare at me despite her frequent yawns. I tried ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to settle her. I held her, I rocked her, I rocked & swayed her, I put her in my arms lying down to sleep. Nope. Changed to a different position, changed to a different hand. Nope. Placed her on my shoulders, placed her in hand, placed her on my chest, nope. So in the end I had enough and just placed her straight back in the cot where she then proceeded to cry for a whole half hour. By the time it was nearly 1am and Mr M could hear that I was struggling to put her to sleep (as he was sleeping with Z in another room since he had work the next day). He came into the room, took his daughter and placed her in his arm and less than 1min later, she fell asleep!
So I am convinced now that her new cot is in her daddy's arms. No more rocking her, patting her, just hand straight over to her poor daddy. After all, she is daddy's little girl...

