Friday, May 20, 2011

In Style-Women of Style Awards Night


The exclusive invite to the In Style Women of Style Awards was held at Technology Park in Sydney on the 11th of May. All the celebrities were each driven by their own Audi chauffeurs.  Since we were not celebrities (sniff sniff), we took a cab there instead and boy was it a long queue just to get to the entrance of the venue!

Finally after a twenty minute wait, it was our turn to get out the car and onto the red carpet! As soon as you get to the venue, the stunning giant red dress awaits your gaze. It is cleverly designed so that everyone gets to walk through the dress and onto their seats for the actual Awards night after the pre-drinks have been served.

Since the event was also proudly sponsored by Waterford Crystals (which is one of the most expensive China you can buy on the market & only stocked in David Jones), all the unlimited French Champagne you could drink were all served in their champagne glasses. Moreover, I was absolutely star struck by the ppl in the room including Jessica Rowe, Sass & Bide, Ginger & Smart, Kristy Hinze, Larry Emdur, Miranda Otto, Jane Kennedy and the list goes on and on..
Now, I have been to the set of Dancing with the Stars when Pantene was a proud sponsor and I had met all the celebrities afterwards, but this event however had more grandeur and of course had more and diverse celebrities in the room. It was a night of celebrating Australian women from across the industry. Achievements in Art/Design/Charity/Business/Entertainment etc etc. were all recognised.

One of my personal highlight from the night was definitely sitting down and chatting to Karin Adcock (left below) who is the founder of Pandora here in Australia. She has since sold off her share back to Pandora Denmark and instead, she is now the MD for the company in the Australasia region.  I was so inspired by her story of how she started from her own garage and gave samples to her friends to wear and from there, she literally depended on word of mouth to sell her products! Moreover, she is only a teacher and yet because she had so much passion in jewellery, she followed her heart & made her millions from there! Ah! I wonder when it will ever be my turn..  Please Lord, give me a lightbulb moment!

Collette Dinnigan arrives - who was a Judge on the panel and is a famous Australian fashion designer
Unlimited martini with the red dress in the background 
 Grand isn't it?
With my fav TV soapie stars from Home & Away.
Jodi (right brunette) was so cute. She said to me 'hi, I'm Jodi' and I'm like.. of course I know who you are! But heck, yes I'm Vicky' lol. 
The two Lains: Lainie my boss (left) and Layne Beachley - former world surfing champion who is the wife of INXS Kirk Pengilly (yes he was there too as her date)

With one of my FAVOURITE designers of all time - LISA HO who's dressed famous stars like J-Lo, Elle Macpherson, Delta Goodrem etc etc.I found out after speaking to her that night that she is actually a mix! Her mum is British while her dad is Cantonese from HK. I asked her where she gets her inspiration from and she told me that she's always had a gift in sewing because her grandmother had taught her and her siblings (I think she's one of 5). She would be sewing things at a tender age of five and was very good at it! But surprisingly, she is so humble and sweet. When she won the award in the category for best designers, she was so shy in speaking into the microphone that she just said thank you to the sponsors in her quiet and humbling voice. She is just so sweet.

Star Struck! - Sophie Faulkner (the blonde chic who is the ex Wheel of Fortune host)  

With Poh - Runners up from Masterchef! I literally chased after her and told her how much Mr M & I had wanted her to win. Nonetheless, she still made all the Malaysian Chinese proud with all her wonderful dishes that she created! She was more than happy for us to take piccies with her :)

The whole team behind SK-II including our PR & Media Agency

And Finally the P&G Team behind SK-II Australia :)

And.. the best part of all was that everyone received about $1K worth of goodies! Yes that's right! $1,000 smackaroos worth :) including a Helen Kaminski leather handbag valued at $550 and $140 worth of Waterford Crystals pair of champagne glasses which was damn heavy but I love! A Longines pen, SK-II goodie bag & diary, Audi bag holder, Virgin Blue lounge pass and lindt chocolate.
What a way to top off an A-MAZING night!

To view the formal footage of the night, click here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! .... u look stunning .. totally lov d dress. u look HOT HOT HOT.
xoxoxo steph