Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pregnancy 3: 37 weeks!

So I'm finally 37weeks which means if my bub comes any time now, it will not be considered as premature! Praise the Lord!

I am feeling very tired, extremely difficult to walk, sit down and get up. Moreover, the pressure on the cervix from carrying the baby third time around is getting ridiculously heavy and I can't do anything about it.. sigh.. 

I never realised how hard it is to carry the third child until now. This is the hardest pregnancy by far and I think it's largely due to the fact that I still have to chase after 2 toddlers and be a housewife & do full time work. Davina's constant dropping of her toys here and there and all over the house is not helping at all. Picking up things from the ground with a 10kg watermelon stuck in your tummy is super difficult and funny that I didn't realise this when I was carrying Davina in my tummy (maybe because my very good boy Z always pack up his toys unlike his naughty little sister lol).

Anyway, despite being extremely tired (usually during the day), I still can't sleep through the night. I always get up around 1am or/and 3am or/and 5am and then the kids wake me up from 6am onwards. Worse than going to work! And the irony is that I've started my maternity leave this week but then looking after 2 toddlers (especially if they are sick too) and carrying one is harder than going to work that's for sure!

I have since put on 10kg in total (with 3 weeks to go). The lightest pregnancy so far yet the most difficult at the same time. Baby Minga #3 loves to kick here and there.. but definitely no where as active as Davina was. This pregnancy is very similar to when I was carrying Z. I have a feeling bub #3 will be very similar to his/her bro in personality/character wise :)

One of my close g/fs from high school recently gave birth to her 2nd child! super excited for her.. Another one of my bridesmaids just commenced her maternity leave while the other bridesmaid is preggers with her 2nd child! woo hoo! So yes, I'm very much looking forward to sharing my mat leave with all of close g/fs! (which was all unplanned too mind you!). I love Tuesdays the most (as both kids are in childcare) where I get to have me time doing everything from catching up with friends, shopping, some times housework or just catching up on my sleep! Ahh.. love being a tai tai (for now anyway).

I am also super excited about having the 3rd child (the thought of labour doesn't scare me as much as it did with the first two) and can't wait to finally get 'it' out simply b/c I can finally reclaim my body back once and for all. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind putting on the kgs at all, but it's just everything foreign that pregnancy brings. (eg. my legs this time round is extremely itchy and I found out from my doctor that this is pregnancy related and uncommon.. so I just have to suck it up.. grrr , then there's the constant fatigue, shortness of breath, this huge watermelon sitting on your bladder forcing you to go to the loo every one hour at least, constipation, dry eyes, swelling of the feet, braxton hicks and oh yes who can forget the most painful of all.. the actual labour itself!). I am looking forward to finally wearing my normal wardrobe again and buying more new and stylish clothing! I can finally wear a dress (boy I had hated going to weddings/formal functions and unable to fit into a dress thanks to my enlarged hips & tummy). I am looking forward to be able to sleeping on my tummy again, to eat and drink whatever I like. I've decided straight after I have the bub, I am going to have a Body Reclaimation Party at the hospital and all of my hospital guests are invited! hippip hooray! lol.

3 or less weeks to go! Stay tuned ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh .... u r one heck of a super mum! I salute u for goin thru bb Minga #3. We too, can't wait to c him/her n can't wait to c u n all of ur bubs again in Aug. Take care tai tai (for mayb another week?) Hope u hv a smooth delivery. God bless. xoxoxoxo steph