4 days to go before D-Day! Yikes..pangs of labour pain is coming all back to me now! *shudders*
So we are now in a mad rush to finish the kitchen. The dramas with our kitchen Reno has dragged on for nearly 2months when it was originally promised that it would be done in 2wks! Sigh.. Nonetheless, hopefully our appliances and bench tops can be installed by this coming Tues (ie 2 days before I'm due!) no more excuses! Grrrr... After that hopefully the kitchen can at least be functional for my folks to do my confinement in the comfort of my own home instead of theirs. Then we will slowly work on getting the plastering finished, paint work done and finally the splash back with the power points locked in. After that (ie after bub is out) we can then finally set up the nursery.
Through this frustrating experience of not able to get things done/organized, I've learnt to turn a blind eye and leave it completely to God to resolve especially when it is out of our control. We've also agreed that this would be the final Reno that we will ever do in this house. No.More!
Anyway, this weekend, we also sent the kids to their Ah Mah Yea Yea house for a holiday so that both K and I can get the yard and kitchen sorted without having the kids here to listen to all the bangings and inhaling all the dust. It also meant that we would actually have our nights free to do whatever we want to do!
So last night, we went out with two couples for dinner at Chin Chin (Thai influenced) bar and restaurant located in the CBD. The place was packed by 5:30pm and we were lucky enough to get a seat (as u can't book e restaurant). All their pork dishes were to die for! I was eating as much spice as possible in an attempt to self induce this bub of mine.. Lol.
Afterwards, we headed out to a hidden bar which was recommended by the manager of Chin Chin called Eau De Vie hidden away in Malthouse lane. This bar has no sign at all and it's literally located in a dark alleyway (near Medina hotel) with a brown wooden door and that's it! Once u go inside, it is dark and Cosy. We were fortunate to get a booth and oh the cocktails are to die for (although I had mine sans alcohol which was the aloe Vera drink! Seriously orgasmic!)
By the time we went home, it was at least 11:30pm! I told Mr M that it had been way too long since we went out together without having to think about rushing home to the kids! Gosh it was a real treat! I also managed to sleep in until 9am which is unheard of as I'm usually woken up by the kids at 7am!
So tonight we are yet again kids free (our last weekend of freedom pretty much) so I think we are going to out for dinner and maybe even catch a movie. Whatever it is, I'm even happy to do nothing at all as long as it's relaxing ;)
P.S I have scheduled in an induction w my obs and hospital so no matter what, this bub will make 'its' appearance in April :)
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah i know ... sometimes we need to get "away" from kids tho its for few hours or one nite. NEways, keep us posted on ur arrival of Minga #3. Can't wait to see him/her. xoxoxo steph
Any updates of the baby?? waiting in anticipation :)
Yr loyal reader
It's been a month. How's thing?
Post a Comment