Wow. It's been 2 years. I must admit, after having Zachariah in our lives, our 2nd year of marriage literally zoomed past our eyes. Here I am thinking it's still our 1st year anniversary. Both of us had to think twice to remember that it has actually been 2 whole years since we've been married!
First year of marriage, I would describe it as a 'learning curve'. Learning about each other, what ticks us off, what makes us happy, what makes us cry, what makes us laugh, what is important to us, what our values stand for, who in our circle of friends are worth keeping, who are dear to our hearts, what our favourites are and the list goes on. First year was sheer bliss.
Second year of marriage I would describe it as 'teamwork'. After having Zachariah, we had less time for one another. It was always a tag team. When Mr M is done with the bub, I would take over so he can rest and vice versa. It was learning how to juggle being a wife, husband & parent all at the same time. No books can ever teach you that. It was all on the job training. Because we were learning how to be parents, time kind've passed right through our eyes w/o us realising it.
There were of course times that we lost patience with each other while still learning how to adapt to the new change in our marriage, but I must say having a child has this uncanny way of binding your marriage even stronger.
So as we journey onto our 3rd year of marriage, I continously thank God for giving me my husband and His blessings over our family. I still praise Him for giving us Zachariah, for giving Zach the best dad anyone could ask for and for showing me a different kind of His love through my two boys...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow! looks like you guys are having a great time over there :)
congratulations from wong and i!!!
hope to see you soon when you get back.
oh and kelv, we're going fishing to flinders this saturday if you wanna come? hehe
actually, wish you guys were here because we're also gonna have a game of tennis at monash clayton this sunday. but that doesn't beat what you guys are up to over there so keep having fun, stay safe and keep the photos rolling!!!
Happy anniversary, vick and kelv. may God grow your love for each other and for your offsprings. GBU
Post a Comment