Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Follow The Journey - SF - Day 1

Greetings from SF!
The drive from airport to Kim's parents place in Union city, here we are crossing the San Mateo bridge which runs for 8miles! This is apparently the width of Guam! (yes thanks Kim for the commentary) :)

After 14.5hrs flight later, we've finally arrived here in San Francisco! I must say this place reminds me so much of Melbourne. The weather, the roads, the airport. Of course, there are also a lot of differences like how big everything is in size compared to home. The bay, the bridge, the houses, the cars & of course the FOOD! It's been 7 yrs since I last came here. What a change it has been. It was so good to see Kim & Romeo again!

Here's Kim and her sexy car at her parent's place


Living the American Dream with the gigantic sized car...

Talking about food, we all know how much Mr M loves his food. He is literally in heaven right now especially since he loves his steaks & burgers and we're literally in the home of all his fav food! The bonus is Romeo & his family loves food too so Mr M is loving the States :) For lunch this afternoon, Kim took us to one of my fav burger joint in the States, none other than Red Robin. This place not only have bottomless drinks, but bottomless Steak Fries that you can also take home?! Crazy! You should've seen Mr M's face when he was told that the fries were unlimited! He literally turned into a potato! :)

We also walked around Newpark Mall today & I spent some time in my fav store Bath & Body Works smelling every scent there is in the shop until my nose was totally gone. I also discovered Victoria Secret's Body Shop. All the scents are so natural, fruity & delicious! I think I am going to stock up on 5yrs worth of supplies :)

Ok it's close to midnight but my body is telling me that it's Melb's time of 5pm. I think I better force myself to sleep so we can fight this jet lag! 2 more days before Kim gets married! yay!