Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spontaneity: Australian Open


In a last minute frenzy, I won 2 free tickets to the Australian Open at work. I found out at 1pm and before you know it I was organising babysitters for Z & making sure he has what he needs for a sleepover at his Ah Mah's house. Yes thank God for grandparents!

By 6pm, we were at the Aussie Open. I must admit, it's so grand when you're there watching the match live. Being tennis finatics, Mr M & I have been watching all the tennis matches every single night since Aussie Open has started. Some times we would sleep at 1am just to finish watching the match live on TV. So to finally catch it live at the stadium was a very exciting event for me especially since it was my first time there.

We managed to catch 3 games with Marcos Baghdatis, Carlos Moya & Tommy Haas all playing. I must admit, I absolutely fell in love with Haas. He is as good looking & extremely friendly as he looks on TV. Very tall too & a fantastic tennis player.

After about 2hours, we were hungry so we left and opted for Pho at Victoria St instead of catching the next game which would've been Fernando Gonzalez. Apparently that match went to 5 sets and lasted over 3hrs long (10pmish)! My poor colleagues were freezing their butts off by the end of it.

It was an awesome night of spontaneity!




Marcos Baghdatis


Carlos Moya



Tommy Haas




I tried to be a paparazzi and failed miserably after everyone started to swamp in & I was beginning to get squashed!