Sunday, January 31, 2010

Australian Open - Women's Final

Mary Joe Fernandez

Mr M was privileged to be invited by ANZ to the grand final of the Women's tennis. So off he went at 3pm for a platinum treatment at the tennis. It started with a 3-course meal with unlimited flow of alcohol. Then finally at 7pm, it was off to platinum seats to view a fantastic night of Women's Tennis. The players: Justine Henin (former #1 - who just recently came back after few years off from injuries) vs Serena Williams (world's #1). We were all cheering for Justine but unfortunately despite the close game, Serena yet again won her grand slam title.

By the time Mr M came home, it was already 1am! Thank God he has an understanding wife ;)




The next day was the Men's finals. P&G rang me last minute to tell me there was a spare platinum seat available for me as all my colleagues knew how much of a tennis freak I became after watching every match on TV since Aussie Open started. As much as I would've loved to watch Andy Murray & Roger Federer play and of course screaming across court to get Mirka's attention so she can finally pose a photo with a packet of Pampers in her hands for me, I declined the generous offer because 1) There was only 1 ticket which meant my hub wouldn't be able to come with me 2) it was such a hot day nearing 40'C. So yes, I chose to watch the finals with my 2 boys at home instead with the aircond at full blast. I was content :) What are we supposed to watch on TV now that Tennis is finally over?