We had 'tuan nian fan' (reunion dinner) on the Eve of Chinese New Year. My parents cooked up a storm including the traditional hock chiew dishes that we only get to eat every once a year (note to self: Next CNY, I must learn how to make it so that I can pass on the tradition!) So it was a real treat for all of us. Even Mr M who is South African Chinese loved it too!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Happy CNY of the Tiger!
We had 'tuan nian fan' (reunion dinner) on the Eve of Chinese New Year. My parents cooked up a storm including the traditional hock chiew dishes that we only get to eat every once a year (note to self: Next CNY, I must learn how to make it so that I can pass on the tradition!) So it was a real treat for all of us. Even Mr M who is South African Chinese loved it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
dats alot of food to feed 4.5 ppl!haiyo .... i miss ur bahbi's cooking, hope to visit u guys in Melb one fine day! Really ... ur dad is a chef. he shld consider opening a restaurant in Melb specializes in Hockchiew/M'sian food. wat do u think?
steph
mouthwatering.......jl
yah lah, i think u guys should all come back next CNY cos there was way too much food for the 4.5 of us :)
Steph: Ha, I'll tell my bah-bi about your business proposal to him! :)
Post a Comment