OMG... My belly button looks like it's going to invert out any day now!! How??! it's way too soon!
So yes, I'm now in my 2nd trimester & technically I should be feeling better now. But sadly I must admit, there are many uncanny similarities btw this pregnancy and my first. I still get the occasion nausea however this is no way as bad as when I was carrying Zach. I'm getting headaches now and then too and yes my gums have started to bleed now when I do my regular flossing. I also get the occasional breakouts on my face with the zits. Grrr... Could pregnancy life get any more glam than this?
The power of the nose have also made a dramatic come back. I can smell anything from a mile away. My darling husband has given me empathy by offering to change all of Z's #2 nappies cos I know I would vomit if I changed him.
Bizarre loves & loathes have also come back to haunt me. I used to love sesame oil but now the smell or the thought of it makes me sick. I loathe the smell of beef (perhaps it's from my Singapore days whenever I had walked past a pepper steak joint). I also loathe anything creamy like yoghurt/milk although I still force myself to eat it to boost my calcium intake. If I eat anything sweet, it would leave this yucky taste on my tongue that would make me feel sick and that includes fruits too! Even if it's a nice tub of connoiseur ice cream which I used to love! So I've discovered that savoury things actually makes my nausea feel much better.
So things I love include: banana bread (I was puzzled the other day as to why I'm craving for banana bread considering I hardly eat that stuff. Mr M kindly reminded me that we used to have this when we were living in YCK in Singapore as our local bakery baked the best banana bread in the whole world. Now this was during the time I was carrying Z. So now I'm going back to my past yet again!), grapes, congee with vegemite (when I was carrying Z, remember how I mentioned that all my bizarre cravings had one thing in common & that was was all the food I ate during my childhood? so yes, this is another one from my childhood), Sour Sop aka custard apple/papaya & you char kueh (once again, I had the same craving when I was carrying Z) and Thai/Viet food because they all have a tinch of that sourish taste (ie from the lemongrass) which is good for my nausea :)
The two things that I absolutely crave for are a good cup of Teh Tarik (only M'sia & Singapore can get.. sniff sniff) & of course my beloved BLUE CHEESE! OMG I don't mind just licking a small teaspoon worth.. PLEASE! gimme gimme GIMME! I swear, I'm going to get Mr M to buy me a whole kg worth right after I deliver so I can secretly eat it in hospital before my mother starts to police me at home during my confinement :)
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh dear! u totally remind me of my pregnancy. i hv a feeling dat u r carrying a gal after reading wat u've written. let's c! hei if u r craving 4 a teh tarik ... i believe there is an indian/mamak restaurant recently open in Melb called Kayu (i brought u guys there during u last visit for nasi kandar) let me check n wil inform u. @ d meantime, hang in there, rest well, take care.
luv steph ... muak muak to u
hmm.... I thought you are carrying another boy after reading how similar this preg compared to your last preg. but steph obviously thought the otherwise, hehehe. ah well... just have to wait for your announcement re: the gender then.. anyway, enjoy the ride! hahaha. before you know it, another bub will pop out and all these will be in the past
Steph: oh oh tell me where Kayu is I want to try their teh tarik & makan their roti tissue :) & yes I do hope I am carrying a girl but I have a lot of doubt lah.. I think it's a boy ler..
Sik: Yes I think it's a boy.. so I shouldn't even get my hopes up lah. Either way I am happy as long as he/she is healthy. I am crinching at the thought of going through labour again! *pengsan*
Post a Comment