Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY To all you yummy mummies out there!
This year's mother's day was a jam packed day! The celebration began on the eve of Mother's Day where my hub took our mah & his darling wife and family to Hoa Tran for a nice Vietnamese meal gushing it down with my & now Z's all time fav Sour Sop aka Custard Apple smoothie (while my mum had my dad's fav durian smoothie.. mmmmMM).




Even Z was content with eating springrolls the whole night & drinking nearly half a glass of my smoothie!

The next morning on Mother's Day itself, my darling husband decided to make me breakfast which I got to eat upstairs while accompanying Z to watch his Veggietale cartoon DVD. My dear hub had cooked me a Hongky Malaysian style breakfast with his specialty tomato eggs and a piece of Roti Prata with Onion all to gush down with my fav Earl Grey Tea.

And boy was I ready to dig in until.....


My little man decided to stop watching his DVD so that he could attack my breakfast instead. Grrr.. He's always stealing my food..

Then in the afternoon we joined May & Derek for a nice indulging late lunch at Rockpool where I had a plate of Wagyu bolognaise pasta. Once again I'm finding myself eating really fast these days b/c Z can only sit still for about 5mins before he gets out of his chair to sit on my lap & eat/play with my food! But, I can't complain because I am just so blessed to have such a cute son!


Now by the time we came home it was around 5pm. I had not received any present from my 2 boys! Not even a small card.. Mummy at that point was getting a bit grumpy! Mr M had already apologised to me after lunch saying that he hadn't bought me anything and by the tone of his voice, I knew he hadn't. But, I decided to teach him a lesson by playing along saying 'oh babe, don't kid me around.. I know you're just stirring me. I know you'll be surprising me with a huge present at the end of the night & I can't wait!' :) You should've seen the sweat on his forehead...

Anyway, while I was making dinner, all of a sudden my husband had disappeared out of the house. He was gone for nearly 1hr! I started to smell something fishy.


Towards the end of the night, when we were getting ready for bed, Mr M asked me to go prepare for Z's milk bottle. So when I had flicked the lights to go downstairs, I saw this lying on the staircase addressed to me. Gosh I nearly died laughing cos I always call my hub & son my 2 porkchops b/c of their passion for eating.

I love how my hubby is so practical. Before we were married & even after marriage with no kids, he would get me all sorts of luxurious goods that one does not really need. But now that we're married with kid(s), he would get me things that we actually need in the house cos he understands that money should not be simply wasted now that we have to be responsible. Oh! he knows me way too well! Oh and the other thing he does every time he gives me a card is that in the card, he always writes 'Daddy Owes Mummy.... X'. Then about 6mths-1yr later, he delivers on his promise! Oh well, I just have to be patient I guess :) I wish every day was Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww .... ur hubby .... is so sweet n ... yup! practical too. Hmm, i'm stil wondering .. wat he owes u dat wil come in 6-12 mths???another branded bag perhaps???? :D Happy Mothers Day to u too!
luv, steph

Mrs Ming said...

yah he's funny! oh the first time he said it, it was for my Nikon D90 which came 12mths later.. now he's saying 'I owe you an investment property' hahaha.. that will take about 2yrs I think :)

And no lah, I buy all of the branded bags with my own money lah so that I don't have to feel so guilty ;)

What did you get for Mother's Day from your 3 babies?

Anonymous said...

He owes u a property investment.... wow! dats great. How i wish Danny would say dat 2 me too :D. We normally do not get nething for each other during Father's or Mother's Day .. jus a nice dinner but he'l spoil me during d month of Dec (d mth of anniversary, bday n christmas)
How's pregnancy coming along? Hope alls well. Take care. Luv, steph