Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pregnancy 2: 3rd Trimester Mark - 28 weeks!

omg! how did I reach third trimester so fast?

It's true what they say about your second pregnancy. It will never be as exciting as the first nor will you be counting down every single day until you've reach the 40wk mark.

It's funny, I have friends coming up to me saying how many weeks are you now? I literally have to stop and say 'hmm.. let me think about that one..' Then I would count backwards to figure it out. Whereas with Zach, I'm sure all of you knew that I monitored his development every single week of my gestation. Of course, it's not to say I love this child any less than Z. It's more the fact that there have been so much distraction that I forget at times that I'm even pregnant! For example, being swamped with full time work doesn't do justice & then having to go back home to put on the hat of a mother & wife. It's non-stop thinking & planning. By the time I do have time for myself, I rather do nothing & just sleep :)

So now that I'm 28 weeks how do I feel?

It's funny, I remember as soon as I reached the 3rd trimester mark, I could literally feel my body slowing down & getting more tired easily. All of a sudden, the rush of energy I had in my 2nd trimester had disappeared. Moreover, I could not sleep at night thanks to the little one having a constant kickboxing match with my tummy. Because of the lack of sleep, my memory is slowly fading away. I'm definitely not as with it as when I was in my 2nd trimester. I also have less appetite to eat than in my 2nd trimester where I would be pigging out on chocolates & all sorts of junk. Oh & yes I've also done my 26-28wks gestational diabetes test where one has to drink this extremely sweet fizzy cold drink in like 2mins (which I nearly threw up afterwards) and then sit in the waiting area to kill 1hr of time so that the nurse would take your blood for the test. Thank God I was negative on the test.

Shortness of breath has also made its come back. I remember standing up and presenting to over 40ppl was so difficult b/c I would need to slow it down & breathe as often as I could. The toilet is now my 2nd home. My little girl likes to just sit on my bladder or kick it at times which is so annoying when you've just peed like 10secs ago and feel the urge to go again! Sometimes, the cervix feel like it's got needles piercing it b/c of the baby sitting or poking on it. I also find myself waddling and walking like a penguin now b/c this tummy has all of a sudden expanded to this balloon overnight from my ribcage downwards. Carrying Zach has also become very difficult now because not only am I getting heavier but Z is also getting heavier as well!
I've now put on 8kg since pre-pregnancy weight. Hopefully I can stay within the avg of 12kg max!

Man, I can't believe in 2.5mths time, we are going to finally meet our little girl & have 2 children in our family! Gosh can somebody pinch me now??!