I have a confession to make...
A few months ago, I was headhunted to work for a company called.. A for..? Yes, everything about the role was great. The remuneration package was outstanding. The experience would've been invaluable. The exposure would've been unimaginable.
However, deep down, I felt sickened to know that I was so close to leave P&G. Every part of me felt that it was wrong to take the position. It meant that I would have no life for at least the next six months if not more. I would have to travel every second week from all over Australia & all over New Zealand. I would need to travel even further to go to work each day. I would need to bring work home & there was a high chance that I would need to work on weekends. All this would be a huge sacrifice for me and my family especially since I have a fairly young family. Besides, if I did take on this position, I was seriously contemplating on not having any more children so that I could give 100% to the role. Having that thought in itself was something I did not want to regret for the rest of my life. So I reminded myself yet again that 'money can always be earned later. There are plenty of other jobs/opportunities in the future'. And with that, a huge weight lifted off me. I felt liberated.
After that chapter was closed, I dived straight into my current position which now not only consists of SK-II but also BRAUN (yes.. two of the most expensive brands in our P&G portfolio). I absolutely love the products in each of the brands. The first week on the job, my manager handed me a whole gift bag of SK-II products valued at over $2K! no kid! She told me to stop using Olay so that I could finally try SK-II and discover the miracle to Crystal Clear Skin... And after 28 days of using the entire regimen, I must admit, SK-II really does work! My skin is definitely more radiant, more smooth & clarified. On the same week, the brand manager of Braun handed me Braun's latest & top model of the epilator range (cous Anthea, the new range has just launched earlier this year!) to take home and try which mind you costs around $200! Just brilliant! Mr M is very excited that I'm also doing Braun cos he absolutely loves the top end of the Braun shavers Series 7 (which costs at least $550!) so guess who's going to be my guinea pig on shavers for product testing? P&G definitely has some of the best brands in the world and I'm not bias to say that either because the market share truly reflects this statement.
The most exciting news is that P&G signed a 10 year sponsorship with Olympics whereby for the first time ever, the company in the Western World has started to advertise not only our famous brands but also our Company name at the end of the TVCs.
Here's a TVC that I am particularly fond of which P&G Canada created for the Winter Olympics last year. For all you parents out there, just a warning that this ad may make you shed a tear or two..This ad has won numerous awards in the advertising industry.
I can't wait to see what we will be doing with the London Olympics next year! Watch this space..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You're a star! You are amazing and I'm totally impressed with your achievements :)
why thank you Mr Alba :) I think you should be very proud of your achievements too especially since you've self taught yourself to do it.. But, we still have lots more to achieve cos the sky is the limit :)
Post a Comment