Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Love at Last Sight.

Picture taken by me in Port Douglas - FNQLD 2006

Our previous Pastor once preached to us at our wedding a very important message and that is; It is not Love at First Sight, but Love at Last Sight.

This passage has etched in my memory forever. Now that Mr M & I are into our 4th year of marriage, I can totally agree with this statement. When you first meet someone that you are attracted to, all you want to do is be with that special someone. You think about them 24/7, you yearn to hear their voice when apart, you can not wait to spend every waking day with them. It is after all, love at first sight..

Then finally, if you are fortunate enough, that special someone pops the question and you marry the one you love, it becomes Love at Last Sight. Marriage is a commitment that two shall become one through good times and the bad, in sickness and in health. This means that no matter what happens with the rest of your lives, both of you has vowed to never separate, never fall for anyone else, a promise to each other that this love at first sight will remain with the both of you until your last breath, your last sight...

5 comments:

Siska Harrison said...

interesting... that my friend's blog that I also follow religiously apart from yours is talking about similar thing. here if you want to see... hmm, maybe God is telling me something. hehehe. Thanks for the insight =)

Siska Harrison said...

oops... forgot the link, so here goes

http://www.oureverydaythings.com/2011/03/marriage-real-love-works/

Amelia said...

Spot on!

Mrs Ming said...

hello Mrs H, yes I think God is telling you something although I think your hubby tells you every day already ;)

Amelia: I'm still thinking & Praying for you!

Amelia said...

Vicky, thank you so much for your prayer. If I can be more selfish, another prayer request: I'm putting in my PR application under ACT state sponsorship. Fingers crossed that the Lord will open doors and provide finances!