Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pregnancy: 22 weeks!

(Source: babycentre.com.au)

The baby now weighs about 430 grams, measures nearly just over 27 centimetres long from crown to heel, and is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed. Although he's getting heavier every day, his skin still appears wrinkled because he needs to gain more weight. The lips are distinct and the eyes are formed, though the iris (the coloured part of the eye) still lacks pigment. The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily. Even this early, the first signs of teeth appear in the form of tooth buds beneath the gum line.

Before you know it, your baby will be born, and soon after, his first teeth will come through. You've probably gained between 5.4 and 6.8 kilograms. Starting now, you'll begin to put on weight more steadily, averaging about 225 grams per week (hallelujah for that!). You may crave certain foods and you may notice an increased (but not bloody) vaginal discharge. Both are a normal part of being pregnant.

I've discovered my feet has started to swell! golly gosh it doesn't look nice either. It's so fat that wearing nice working shoes looks wrong. Sigh.. Not only that, I've also discovered that sitting on my butt for more than half hour really hurts! I literally can not sit for too long even if it's the most comfortable cushioned couch! I suspect it's b/c my buttocks has gotten bigger *faints* & of course who can forget I have this bulge in my tummy that is also adding on the pressure to my bum as well. Furthermore, frequent urination is becoming bad to worse. I can now feel the little one kicking my bladder to the point I literally need to run to the toilet! I think he must be having a great time making mummy 'piss(ed)' (excuse the pun).

Oh one last thing, my morning sickness has come back. But the difference btw this morning sickness vs the 1st trimester one is that this literally is MORNING sickness. I always feel like throwing up in the mornings but then it gets better in the arvos & into the night.


Sigh.. more joys of pregnancy :)

p/s I heard from my gynae that the reason the baby kicks even harder after meals is due to the sugar rush in their blood! ahh.. no wonder lah..