Ever since I joined my high school's aerobics team back like 14 yrs ago, I became so flexible that all of my joints would start to crack whenever I moved it.
The biggest cracker of all (excuse the pun) was my neck. I would crack it every time I had the urge to do so typically due to stress on the neck.
Recently, my mother scared me on the consequences of doing this over a long period of time... In fact people who crack their bones whether it's neck, back, knee, ankle, knuckles (or like me... shamefully was all of the above!) is highly proned to arthritis because the fluid around each of your joints become thinner & thinner as years progress! Moreoever, your bones will degenerate over time. NOOOOOOO!!
I decided to google about it & found a wealth of information on it. In fact studies have even showed that if you resist the urge to crack it for over a period of at least a week, the urge will suddenly disappear. Moreover, if you keep cracking it, within 15mins later, you will have the urge to crack it again... which both are so so true!
So.... 14 yrs on, I am proud to announce to the world that I no longer crack any of my bones or joints! (not intentionally anyway!) Resistance is the key!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i'm a knuckles cracker. so it's not a myth then that cracking causes arthritis? oh dear.... must stop, must stop
Post a Comment