I spent my first week of being a full-timer in Sydney at our quarterly sales conference (from 5th-7th May). The venue was held at Coogee Crowne Plaza Hotel & the best part of it was that we got a huge room each! (I thought we were going to be sharing rooms with our fellow colleagues which was obviously not the case otherwise I would've got Mr M & bub with me!). Sadly, although the view was just marvelous, I had to draw the curtains within seconds after taking this shot just so I could lie on my huge soft bed with my 4 fluffy pillows! That was more of an indulgence vs the view! I was totally exhausted especially since I had to wake up at 4:30am to catch my 6:30am flight!
Nonetheless, after my 15mins power nap, I was off to my dear pal Sandeep & his beautiful wife Mini's place for dinner. I haven't seen them both for just over a year now! Min, like any Indian wife, cooked up a storm for me! My goodness, I felt like I was in India all over again ;) We spent the night eating & catching up on the long lost year. Majority of the conversation was spent looking at their adventurous holiday all over the world (because both of them work for Qantas & are lucky enough to get cheap tix to all the destinations around the world). I particularly enjoyed seeing their African Safari trip in South Africa. The place is soooo beautiful. I hope too that one day I will finally get to see my husband's birth place!
The next two days was jam packed with all of our exciting brand launches. We also managed to squeeze in a team building exercise as part of Corporate Athlete Program whereby all of us were split into teams to create 5 pieces of clothing out of the material/scraps the organisers had gave us. The entire ballroom were filled with material, glue gun, scissors, sewing machinesWe were given 3 hours to complete the huge task not to mention practising the catwalk as well. My team were given the 80's theme & M.Jackson's 'thriller' song to parade our showcase of designs with. It was so much fun & it was great to see team work happening in all the groups. My team ended up in 3rd place out of the 20 teams there. Not a bad effort hey?!
Here I am in the new P&G uniform designed & made by MUA with an extremely low cut mini skirt (influenced by the 80's era)!The winning team below who made verything from scratch - they won $100 gift vouchers each to buy REAL clothes for themselves. *envious*
