Our little boy is now 8 months & boy can we see a vast difference from the last! Here are his developments:
1) He loves to talk - I must admit with pride that my boy's first word was 'mammi' & occasionally it would be 'mamamama'. Of course he has no idea what this word means but at least he said mama before dada right cos apparently dada is easier to pronounce for kids than mama and hence why dada is usually évery baby's first word.... but not for my little munchkin!
2) Loves our attention - now if he's happily playing by himself in the room & I then walk out of the room, his entire emotion changes to sadness. He would scream & throw his tantrum because he craves for my presence & attention. Apparently between the age of approx 8-10months, they become very attached to their parents (in particularly mummy) and then this attachment phase disappears but then will come back again approx 2.5yrs.. interesting hey?
3) Zachariah can now crawl forward! I was in shock when I noticed that overnight, he could all of a sudden pull his entire michelin body forward to grab his toy! I was such a proud mama olright!
4) He is extremely cheeky - when we change him on his changing table, he would flip over on his tummy making it impossible for us to put on his nappy! Whenever he has his vegetable rusk, I would always ask him to 'give mummy' and with my mouth wide open. So what does my lil boy do? he puts it straight into his mouth and then does a little cheeky smile knowing that I can't have it....
5) He still loves his food - so far we have introduced the following to him: hard boiled egg (and thank God he is not allergic to eggs! yay!), mandarin, persimmon, chicken, grapes, cheese stick, natural yoghurt, cheddar grated cheese, all sorts of leafy greens & wombok. His favourite so far is his cheese stick (I think it's because it's his first time trying something savoury as we never put any salt in his meals)! He eats about 3 meals a day with about 700ml of milk.
6) Zachariah now weighs 8.7kg (which is at the 50th percentile (avg)), his head circumference is above avg at 46cm & his length has slowed its growth to now 68cm (avg, +1.5cm from 6mths). I'm now going to feed him a lot of calcium to ensure he is going to be as tall as his wai gong! LOL ;)
