I can still remember so clearly when I was celebrating my 8th birthday at my grandma's house. My parents bought me the cutest cake ever which was a picture of this round cute cartoon girl with big eyes, cute smile & very pretty hair. I thought my parents were the best in picking the coolest cake any girl could ever dream of! All of my cakes during my childhood were very unique & big (eg. on my 7th birthday, I received a cake of a TV which had goldfish & bubbles in it.. it was way too cool). I loved that every year I got to blow the candles, cut & eat my cake and be so happy with opening of my presents (even if they were just a pen). Then some how, like speed of lightning, 20 yrs flash by your eyes, and you are no longer this innocent child but a grown up.. parent. Where did all the time go?
I celebrated my birthday with my 2 darlings. They were just so cute to give me another cool cake & sweet card. I couldn't stop laughing when I read the card cos Mr M each year would always write 'I owe you.. x' And of course he delivers his promise every time even if it's 2yrs late ;)
We had a great dinner at One Thai in Mont Albert. Z had fun making so much noise in the restaurant. He was yet again enchanted by the candle flame on my cake. I think he must think it's his birthday all over again..
Lastly, I want to thank everyone who remembered. I am so blessed to have been blessed by you.
I will leave you now with a song by Chris Tomlin (Click on the title below to listen). I have listened to this song gezillion times in my car, but for some reason, on the eve before my birthday while driving to work, this song played & it spoke volume to my spirit. I finally realised the full meaning of the song & how true it was in every part of my life's journey.....
All the Way My Saviour Leads Me
by Chris Tomlin
by Chris Tomlin
All the way my Savior leads me,
Who have I to ask beside?
How could I doubt His tender mercy?
Who through life has been my guide?
All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread.
Gives me grace for every trial
Feeds me with the living Bread
You lead me
and keep me from falling
You carry me close to Your heart
And surely Your goodness and mercy will follow me
All the way my Savior leads me
O, the fullness of His love
O, the sureness of His promise
In the triumph of His blood
And when my spirit clothed immortal
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way
Jesus led me all the way

