Sunday, November 8, 2009

Zachariah @ 14 months!

"For you hold my life in the palm of your hand and I will praise thee forevermore"

It blows me away every time God reminds me of His precious gift to us. Our little Zachariah is no longer a baby. In fact, he has transformed to this very playful & mischievous boy.

Just look at him below when he was only 3 months old & he was only just a little bit longer than the bolster. Compare with him now 11 months later, he has more than doubled the size. Wow, what an amazing transformation & I know we will be amazed even more as he continues to grow not only physically but with his personality bursting out to shine.

Here are all of his developments:

1) Zachariah still loves his food. However I must admit, he has a sweet tooth. When I feed him congee which is a bit more savourish (and less tasty), he will literally spit it out of his mouth. If I give him another spoonful again, he will yet again spit it out all over himself. It's cute amusing how cheeky he is. But of course, it can too be very frustrating when he refuses to eat 'healthy' food.



2) The biggest milestone on his 14th month is undoubtedly is his ability to walk little steps all by himself. My parents practised their patience with him by teaching him how to walk during the time we were in Malaysia and after 4 whole days, he learned to walk! It melts my heart every time I see him walk trying to balance himself.

3) Z is extremely inquisitive - If we put anything beside our bed side table, you are bound to have him reaching for all of the things & chucking it all over the floor making a huge mess. I must admit, there are times when he's sleeping over at his grandparents' place & I would come home from work seeing all of Zach's trail all over the house (eg. our walk in robe, lounge room, bedroom, his room etc). All of his toys would be scattered all over the place and instead of being mad with all of the mess, surprisingly, it would always bring a smile to my face b/c it gives me a sense of peace knowing exactly what he was up to during the day while I was away at work.

4) My mum also taught Zach how to unscrew the top of a bottle. This can be somewhat a smart & stupid move, because now, I have to be extra cautious that all of my lids (of for example vitamins) are secured tightly so that he can not unscrew it.


5) Z loves to stand in front of the security gate above the stairs & whack the crap out of it asking us to take him downstairs. Sometimes when he's not careful, he would fall down & hit himself smack bang in the middle of the wall. It has happened at least three times now. Gosh, I wish someone would invent cushions for each corners of the wall!


6) Z sleeps approx 2-3hrs every afternoon nap! I can't believe he sleeps much better now than when he was a baby!


7) At 14 months, he is now very alert & knows what is happening around him. When us adults are holding a conversation, he would butt in as if he's giving his opinion on the topic. This is the period of time where Mr M & I have to be extra careful of what we do in front of him (eg. no swear words, no arguing etc) because little Z now studies us religiously as his role model & mimics exactly what we do. Scary isn't it?