Our dear friend May held her 50th birthday at none other than Rockpool Crown tonight. I must say, I thought this was going to be a simple dinner but I was wrong! There was Class every where you look. As soon as you enter Rockpool, the waiter takes you into their private function room which happens to have a good view of the Southbank. Next, we were greeted by the host & had an unlimited flow of champagne in our hands. Then it was rounds and rounds of exqusite entrees cocktail style.
Finally about an hour later, dinner finally started. We all sat around a rectangular table where name tags were placed as if we were attending a grand reception wedding. Next we all had our menus which we picked our mains & then desserts to share. Everything was immaculate. The presents were all branded: Channel, Armani etc. Even the guests. They were all millionnaires. Sitting opposite us was the architect who designed Eureka tower. Sitting next to me was Richard Fromberg the tennis great back in the 90's. I spent the entire night speaking to Mr & Mrs F about their life's journey & of course about their recent new born addition to the family. What a different world they live in.
I had a fantastic night. The food was absolutely delicious especially the desserts. The Italian red drop was also divine. It was at least $150 per bottle. I think the bill came up to approx $300 per person times it by all the guests. You do the math.
Ahh.. wouldn't it be great to be a millionnaire too? A tai tai would be nice ;)
