Ok so I'm on my 38th week of gestation & I've finally finished work! Praise God! A lot of ppl have called me insane for dragging it out as long as I did. Would I do it again? Absolutely not! Next time I think I will finish up at least 4wks out cos I really felt so drained out from the 37th week onwards.
Anyway, pregnancy now is becoming even worse. I get bad reflux now that my tummy literally expands from my ribcage. I have no more room left! This means I actually eat a lot less now. A small bowl and I'm done cos I literally can not digest. I really have no appetite for food. I dread eating actually because indigestion has become a major problem. Sometimes I can feel the acid in my throat when it should be in my tummy! The food just doesn't seem to make its way down! sigh.. I think 2 nights ago must've been my world record in going to the toilet; I think I got up at last 8 times to go to the loo. God is truly training me for the inevitable wake up calls from my little one really soon...
This week, I can feel my little one's head engaged in my cervix b/c as soon as I woke up the next day, I could feel like as if there is this 'wedge' feeling in btw my legs making it impossible to walk like a normal human being. I try my hardest not to waddle like a penguin but it's not easy olright.. Bleh! Only 2wks of penguin walking to do I guess...
I find that being pregnant gives you so many scenarios of contradictions. From the moment you see the double line, you are hit with this overwhelming joy that you're finally pregnant! But then immediately you also realise that you have 9 months to prepare for the invitable painful labour! Then whilst you're pregnant especially during the last month, you can not wait until you get this baby out of you so that you can finally get some sleep! But the reality is, when the bub is out, you get absolutely no sleep! You and your partner are also feel with immense joy to welcome this little one into your world but the truth is as soon as he/she comes out, you & your partner will be spending less & less time together. Instead, the two of you will at times irritate each other due to the lack of sleep. Life is funny isn't it?
Anyway, I have already washed all of my little one's clothes/blankets/wraps/mittens/socks etc etc (80% of which are Z's and 20% new) & have put them nicely away in her new Tall Boy which we bought off ebay for $135 (made of beautiful pine wood too! it was such a bargain!). We've also bought the double kit for our Phil & Teds pram as well as Z's toddler car seat (so that his old one can be transfered to his mei mei :) Now all Mr M needs to do is install Z's old baby seat to face rear view which he tells me he will do when I'm staying in the hospital. What a contrast to the last time when it was all done on the 38th week....
Tomorrow, I will be handing my laptop back to work. So this means I won't be blogging as much... and with bub #2, I can't even seem to see the day that I will be blogging again. Nonetheless, be patient, I shall return back to cyberspace once in a while to catch up on my glimpse of the world.
Thanks to everyone who have sent in their kind wishes & prayers so far. I will need every prayer I can get for the next few weeks ahead. Please please please keep me in your prayers for a smooth, quick & pain 'tolerating' delivery!! Thank you in advance! Now bring on the labour!! I want her out now!! :)
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow. Vick!!!! Anytime now hey? Jia you!!! Hopefully by working right up until 38 weeks will make ur labour easier than d 1st one :)
I know exactly how u felt to work right up to 38 weeks. Both my pregnancies, I also worked until 1week prior bubs coming out.
Jia you!!!!
Post a Comment