I finally got a hold of Mr M's laptop so that I can finally come online & have a moment of 'me time'.
Maternity leave so far has been somewhat costly. I have been doing lots of shopping for baby clothes all at discounted prices of course. Yesterday, Mr M & I walked into matchbox and finally found the set of Anolon cookware that we have been drooling over for a while now and saw that it was at least 60% off (cheaper than Ebay!!). To top it off, we also bought an entire Scanpan titanium forged knives set! The total damage was just over $700! We bargained with the staff for them to throw in things for free like the knife sharpener (RRP $60!) & steak knives (RRP $80) & Scanpan's scissors at half price! So yes, we were happy campers although I definitely suffered some post purchase dissonance afterwards. Now I'm hoping with my Donna Hay cookbook, I will learn to cook up a storm of good quality food for my 'little' family during my maternity leave :)
The funny thing was, Mr M said to me, this will be a present he will get for me as a post delivery present (which happens to also coincide with our 3rd wedding anniversary coming up). I chuckled and said 'I can see a trend.. all the things you give me nowadays has to do with cooking just so I can use it to feed you! :)' What a smart husband hey?!
Anyway, work wise, I haven't been letting go! This week at Coles marks the launch of my baby that I've been working on for over 2months. It's basically National Oral Health Week in Australia this coming Monday. Knowing this, I convinced my buyer to basically give me a full catalogue page featuring some very HOT specials on Oral B (basically 25% off the entire Oral B range excluding Powerbrush range). About 3wks ago, he also asked me to come up with the content for the catalogue page. I forward to him what I thought would be great to feature in the catalogue (eg Educational blurp on Step 1 Toothbrush, Step 2 Toothpaste etc) & finally yesterday when I got my Coles catalogue in the mailbox, I looked at the page & VOILA, he had used EVERY SINGLE WORD that I gave him as part of Oral Health Week at Coles! Oh I was super proud!! To think that my inputs have been rolled out nationally in Australia! I couldn't be more happier. Apparently everyone in P&G was stoked to see the catalogue page too.
You can check out the catalogue by going onto the Coles website, then click on Catalogue tab and enter your postcode (eg. 3150) (flip to the dental special page & you will see Oral B dominating the entire page! woo hoo!). Do check it out before it expires next Wed night! My 1 week of fame I like to call it :)
Pregnancy so far has been a little bit difficult. For the first time ever, I finally had my experience of Braxton Hicks (aka false labour). It was very much like bad period pain which come and go every 5mins from 4pm-10pm continously! Gosh I thought I was ready to deliver this baby but knew it was false labour b/c the contractions didn't get any more intense like the real thing.
Spending every bit of time with Z has also been challenging. For some bizarre reason, he has been extremely clingy to me. I wants me to carry him every where. He only wants me to put him to sleep & at meal times, he always want to sit on my lap making it impossible for me to eat. The other day Chai's little man came over to visit too & Z was just filled with jealousy. He wanted me to take all his toys away from Rykan & started crying when I said 'no you have to share'. A good glimpse of what is to come.. haiz.. I can see him being more and more mischievous by the day. Terrible 2's are just around the corner I guess. I definitely do love spending time with Z but it can be at times over bearing especially when I can't even do anything without him crying for my attention.
Gosh I can't wait until we see our folks tomorrow especially receiving all the gifts they bought us too of course! I know Z have really missed them too!
