Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Moment of Nolstagia

We finally went back to the beginning.... It's been 3 years since we left Singapore and being here feels absolutely surreal. Even when I was packing for our long awaited holiday, I had went to look for our blue backpack that Mr M & I had always carried with us when we had traveled the world together. We had not touched the bag for at least two years. I remember just looking at the bag and smiling away as I reflected upon all the fond memories of our travels together. It was just the two of us, before kids, before all the added responsibilities. It was a part of our lives that we had forgotten. Mr M and I were literally having to pinch ourselves when we had finally touched down on the soil that marked the first chapter of our marriage. And not having the kids with us literally made us step back in time to when we had no one to look after except for each other.

We are tremendously blessed to have two supporting sets of parents who were happy to help us look after the kids while we embark on this journey back to the start. We have both agreed that this will be the last and final 'honeymoon' together and that the next major holiday we go on, we will bring the kids with us since Zachariah would be at an age where he will remember things.

So for the few weeks ahead, we are really going to treasure our little break together, just the two of us. The freedom to do anything is literally at our fingertips and not to be taken for granted. And while we are away, we will celebrate two milestones: having passed through the first critical year of our second child's life (hurray!) and of course our fourth wedding anniversary.

To God be the glory!