"Seeing the invisible, doing the impossible"
I can say this statement is in deed powerful but when it's put into practice, it is definitely not easy. After all exercising Faith takes courage, it forces you to pluck out your own earthly eyes so that you can see things from His eyes. It is about hoping for something that has not yet come to pass and being so certain that it will become a reality.
So this entry shares our journey of just that.. exercising this so called mountain moving F-A-I-T-H.
Today marks exactly one month before we depart this land of Singapura!
It has definitely been a hard decision for us to make. One minute we knew we were going back for good. Next minute, we talked about staying back. Then another few weeks later, it was back to Melbourne again. We would toss left right & centre for months over this making this decision. It was tiring & it was frustrating especially since the time was ticking & we still had no idea what to do...
When I fell pregnant, I knew instantly that I would want to have the baby in Melbourne because all our family & friends are back home vs being all alone here in Singers. I wanted the bub to be surrounded by his grandparents & of course I too wanted to be reunited with close friends, family & our home church back in Melbourne. There was a lot of reasons that drew us back home..
However, as much as we whinge about Singapore, there are also many good sides to living in this cosmopolitan city. The major draw back of us leaving Singapore means we will be giving up our financial security. After all, Singapore is the hub of the banking industry. The wealth & the home of the filthy rich is located in Singapore or at least the nearby countries such as Indonesia (vs Melbourne). This land is in deed like a gold mine for Kelv's job and the favour he receives from his job was definitely something that was extremely hard to walk away. Contrast this to Australia. It really did not make any sense to be going back to Melbourne in a time when the market is totally dried up due to the high interest rates & soaring fuel prices. Furthermore, I do love my job here since P&G Asia Pacific's hub is literally based in Singapore. As soon as I go back home to Melbourne, it means I will no longer manage a regional role of managing 7 countries but rather back to one single account (eg. Coles Group). Moreover, if it had been just the two of us, it would definitely been a much easier decision to make. But because we know we would need to go back with a baby in our hand to consider, there was a greater need for financial security.
So finally one Sunday night, we prayed together & asked God to show us a sign on whether or not we go back home to Melbourne. We were sick of getting tossed around by the waves. We asked God to show us a clear sign by the end of the week. The funny thing was the sign actually showed that we should stay put in Singapore which totally threw us off by surprise & once again shook our decision to leave SG. We were back to square one.
However, the amazing thing was that right after this episode, a conversation that my sis in Christ Mel once said to me nearly 2yrs ago came back to me so vividly. "Vic, when you're a mature Christian, there will come a time when you should no longer rely on the 'signs' for God to show you His will for your life.. Instead, you should know it in your spirit what He is saying to you & wanting you to do". As scary as this word was, it really stroke a chord in my heart.
Even though the sign clearly showed for us to stay put in Singapore, nevertheless I knew so strongly in my spirit that it was our season to pack our belongings & head back to where we belong. Not only for the sake of raising our bub, but as well for a greater purpose that our current eyes can not see & our heart do not know but our spirit knows very well. As much as it hurts to leave our financial security behind to a complete opposite feeling, nevertheless we know our God was calling us back...
So after speaking it over with my husband, we finally sealed our bold decision once and for all to pack all of our belongings & move back to Melbourne. Despite the uncertainties of what the future will hold for my husband's career in Melbourne, we are both at peace knowing that we serve a God of Power, a God of Might, a God who will move mountains & clear the pathways for His beloved children. After all, our Jehovah Jireh will provide all of our needs. He is our all sufficiency, whom shall we fear?
So as we pack our bags in the upcoming weeks, may I ask for all of our bros & sis in Christ out there to join us in prayer over this decision? In deed, we can not wait to see what God has in store for us and we WILL hand in hand, walk fervently in His will.
"You are my Rock, the one I hold onto....
and You never change, God you remain, the Holy One...my unfailing Love, unfailing Love..."

1 comment:
both of you (no, i should say 3 of you) are in my prayer, vick... you'll do fine. it must be very tough decision to make. but whatever you finally decided on, I will support you in prayer. I know that you have discussed it and prayed about it and now with one month to go, you need to start packing bit by bit. don't work too hard. wish i can give you a hand and hug right now.... *hugs* if there's anything i can do to help, please let me know, eg. if you want me to buy you anything, please tell me, ok? i see you in a month time then.... love you.
Post a Comment