Sunday, December 28, 2008

City cruise on the Hot Rod

One of Mr M's clients has gone away overseas on a 1.5month holiday with his family. He asked Mr M if he could help him to look after one his gezillion cars - that is his 3-year-old $150K sporty Mercedes CLK 320 convertible. Looking after means taking the car for a drive once in a while. 'Of course!' was the reply of a very happy boy!

So today after we left the bub with my parents, we took it down Chapel Street all the way to Bridge Rd (where we got married) so that I could go shopping (or should I say window shopping) at all the factory outlets on Bridge Road. We took the roof off with the cool summer wind blowing on our hair/head.

I tell ya, it was like driving in a nightrider. As soon as I sat in the car & closed my passenger door, the seat belt would automatically pop to my shoulder. I got a fright when this happened as I thought someone as at the back of me! The car had a built in GPS, automatic roof top converter and everything you can think of.

The funny think was when we sat in the car, we looked at the odometer and it read 30,000km & remember, the car was 3 y.o already! But then again they do have 3 other cars excluding this one!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! wat a drive man! d car looks even more cool n sport-ier wif Mr M drivin it (hint hint ... pbbly u guys must invest in one of these!) Mayb... 2 add tis ur "look forward list for 2009"? :) steph

Mrs Ming said...

aiyor.. i was actually a bit embarrassed ler cos I don't like to gain attention especially when driving.. so much attention I tell u going down the famous Chapel St.. as for investing in one of these? pls ler.. gosong money how to buy? baby come first ler.. how to fit baby sit in a sportscar? So until then, Mr M can keep on dreaming loh :) He actually made me promise that one day he will get his Posche Boxter & I yes 'yes' we will... so see when that 'one day' come around (have to be after all the kids ler) haha

Anonymous said...

ei ... mus drive tis car wen u r young n not too old! so wen he gets out of d car ... then there'l b heads turning around ... saying "wah! handsome guy!" wherelse wen u r old ... ppl will say "cheh! old fart drivin nice car!" ... hahahaha
steph