I can not believe how time has just flown in front of our eyes. Already our little one is 3 months old! wow... he has really grown into a boy & has all the traits of a boy too! I can see now that he is going to be one little cheeky & playful boy who will be very inquisitive but has a very patient & calm temperament. At 3 months, our little boy has hit many many milestones!
Our bub now:
1) Loves to hold things - eg. I taught him how to hold his bao bao (bolster) & he does hold it for a while before he puts it in his mouth. He is absolutely in love with all the characters on it. He literally talks to them every morning when he wakes. I hear him going goo goo ga ga non-stop from our bedroom! It's really music to our ears! So adorable!
2) He had his first taste of an orange - my naughty mother decided to let him taste orange for the first time ever in his life. He loved it so much that he kept on eating his hand afterwards! Oh dear! That will be the last time he tastes an orange. We have decided not to feed him anything sweet until he is at least 1 y.o. I don't want to be paying for dentist bill too early in his age now!
3) He can hold his own milk bottle (but not steadily of course - still needs our help =)
4) He now weighs 6.65kg - I was actually relieved when I saw the scales that he wasn't 7kg! He is now back on the 75th percentile (avg) another words, he is not above avg. So all you people who keeps on saying how fat he is, you can stop it now. He is absolutely fine just the way he is thank you very much =). He is on average. His head circumference is - 41.5cm which is slightly above normal (cos he has a BIG BRAIN. Our smart cookie!) . His length is 60.5cm.
5) I can see Zach will grow up to be one cheeky boy - the other day I told him he wasn't allowed to eat his hand. He pulled it off & then smiled & then placed it back in. He did this THREE TIMES!
6) I placed Zach on his tummy when he was 3months & 2 days old & he totally surprised me and flipped over to his back 4 times! You should've seen the joy & excitement on my face (and on his too cos he surprised himself). Then the next day I placed him for his tummy time again but he had totally forgotten how to flip over.. sigh..
7) Zachariah is now very responsive - when you talk to him, he will talk back to you (although we have no idea what he's on about). He also can recognise things now. The other day we took him to my parent's house & for the first time in a long time, he had forgotten how wai gong's house look like & when he looked at the wall painting in the rumpus room, he screamed & cried out of his lungs. He was so scared because of the unfamiliar territory. My dad had to really calm him down.. wow I didn't know babies react like this at such a young age!
8) Zachariah now loves to touch - When I put him in the mirror, he now loves to touch the boy in the mirror. Occasionally, he would smile back at him too. So cute! If I show him his tyre clock, he wants to touch it too. If you carry him, he wants to touch your face or your chest or your jewellery. He's really turning into a boy.
9) Zachariah's hands have grown longer & now he loves to put his hand near his cuckoo bird whenever I change his nappy. I now have to make an extra effort to tie him down to ensure no poo is on his hands!
10) Zachariah now dribbles a lot. I think his teeth are coming out soon.
11) He now drinks about 180ml of milk
12) We have now stopped using his mittens & he has learned not to scratch his face anymore! yay!
