Sunday, February 8, 2009

Zachariah at 5 months!

I can't believe my boy is 5 months! time surely flies when you look at your child grow...
Well, Zachariah is now very playful. He craves attention from both Mr M & I and he now loves it when we give him a bath all thanks to the musical keyboard toy that I introduced to him. You see, at 5 months, a baby is now learning 'cause & effect' so I thought it would be perfect for him to play with the keyboard and boy does he love it. When I first placed the keyboard at his feet, he had accidentally kicked it. After the keyboard made a sound, he discovered the effect of his kicked so... he kicked again & again and again to hear the sounds that the keyboard played. Of course our litte one looked soooo cute & funny too! Ever since then, he loves kicking everything including me (when I change him on the changing table) & when he's in his bath, he kicks all the water out of the bath tub. It's sooo funny! We definitely enjoy him more and more each day :)

At 5 months old:
> He loves to communicate with us
> He loves his cube toy
> He loves to put everything in his mouth
> Loves paper especially tissue paper where he can tear it into pieces
> Loves the sound of crinkly paper (eg. chips packet)
> Has 6 feeds a day (2 formula feeds & 4 breast feeds)
> Sleeps for about 7hours at night (Praise God!)
> Loves sleeping in our bed & will sleep even longer (eg. 12 hours!)
> Wears size 0-1 (while his friends at playgroup are only wearing size 00 & they are 6months old!)
> Does one poo per day
> Loves it when I sing children songs such as 'liang zhi lao hu', 'ke ren lai, kan ba ba', 'twinkle twinkle little stars', 'london bridge' all with actions. Sometimes, he would even fall asleep on it!
> Is intrigued by us eating at the dinner table. He is very ready for solids very soon b/c he would often salivate looking at us eat :)
> Has excellent grasping skills
> Knows his name & would turn to look at you if you call him 'Zach' or 'Baby'
> His cheeks are still very dry & I've noticed a small little patch on his hand too like a size of a 5cent coin! golly gosh, it looks a bit like eczema! I pray that it's not!
> His hair has grown out a lot although still got a lot to go!
> Loves to pull his dummy in and out of his mouth & sometimes may even offer to give it to you if you open your mouth long enough :)
> Loves us when his mummy and daddy does the popping noise (like pringles ad) and would laugh in hysterics!
> Loves it when I play the game 'yi er san' with him. I would count to three in Chinese & then pull him up to a sitting upright position & then I would count to three again & then pull him up to a standing position & amazingly after 3 times of playing this, he pulls himself to sit & stand! Now, everytime I count to 3 in Chinese, our little one just knows that mummy is about to pull him up to sit & stand. I can't believe how fast they learn!
> For some reason my baby is crawling backwards? what is going on?



Here's our little boy up to no good again. He stuck his hand in the bolster pillow & then couldn't get it out. I didn't even realise it until he struggled to find his hand! too funny!


Then, he decided to kick his daddy's chest as well but ended up going under his shirt & got his legs stuck. hahaha

Here's my favourite photo of the lot taken when he was 4months & 3 days old. He was absolutely knackered & fell asleep like a little fat kitten on his daddy's lap