What can I say? this is the first family trip that the 3 Mingas have gone on. Our little one was super behaved on his flight there & back. I really couldn't ask for more. Praise God. I couldn't believe how cute he was during take off. Mr M & I were busy trying to close his ears & feed his milk so that he could suck during take off. He could see that by the expressions on his parents' face that something was going on. His eyes were as big as marbles & expressed the 'stunned' look. Of course, when you present a milk bottle in front of his face, he was happy enough to suck & go off to dreamland. Our bub did not cry one bit during our flight to Perth or back (4hrs flight). He was such a happy baby the whole time there; Squealing at like 1am/5am during his feeding times & laughing his head off to his wai poh/gong & jiu jiu.
Here were the highlights of our trip:
1) Our bro's wedding especially when he made that moving speech which made everyone in the audience stunned (especially his family members :). Then there was the beautiful song he sang for his bride. Very romantic in deed. We were very proud of him as he truly 'grew' up on the day!
2) Our budget airline experience - We bought our tix to Perth for about $220 return p.p. I had to also pay $60 for baby's seat belt (yes what a rip off!). Usually tix to Perth is about $700p.p so I shouldn't really complain as it still was a bargain. However, when we got to the plane, we were shocked to hear that they couldn't give us HOT WATER to dissolve Zach's milk powder! I was horrified! So we ended up having to use room temperature water to dissolve it! Not happy! Then Mr M asked them to take his suit for hanging, they replied 'Sorry, we don't hang suits up, you will have to fold it up & place it in the overhead compartment'. What the?! So much for not creasing it!
3) Europcar saga - When we got to Perth airport, we realised that Europcar was in fact open because when I had booked it the first time, the guy double/triple checked for me & told me that it will definitely be closed by the time I reach Perth airport (which was about 1am). So they said I would have to hire the car from the suburbs & then return it back to the airport. We all know that when you pick up & drop off the car from two different depots, they charge you a surcharge on it. Moreover, this arrangement was such an inconvenience to us. So now that I am back, I have emailed them my complaint. Let's hope I will win the fight.
4) I wouldn't recommend anyone going to Perth during summer. It was sooo hot (not as hot as Melb) & but it was soooo humid!! It was like Singapore all over again.. really hated the weather!
5) There is really not much things to do in Perth. I was already so bored by the 3rd day. It's only worth it if you hire a car for a week & do a road trip to pretty towns like Albany/Monkey Mia/Margaret River (winery region). We hope to do that one day. Perth itself was very boring... Nevertheless, here are the pics from our 3 days stay.
5) There is really not much things to do in Perth. I was already so bored by the 3rd day. It's only worth it if you hire a car for a week & do a road trip to pretty towns like Albany/Monkey Mia/Margaret River (winery region). We hope to do that one day. Perth itself was very boring... Nevertheless, here are the pics from our 3 days stay.
Bridgeleigh, Wanneroo - The day before wedding. We were there to help set up.
JL's parents - her dad was absolutely besotted by Zach. I think it's a big sign that he wants his daughter & my bro to give him grandkids very very soon!
Eureka BBQ Chinese Restaurant - I couldn't believe the queue outside this tiny restaurant and it wasn't even THAT good vs Melb
Baby Minga meeting his Jiu Jiu for the first time
Since we didn't bring Zach's bathtub, Mr M & I decided to buy a storage container instead (with a clip on lid) so that we could bathe Z in it & then give the storage container to Al to use in his new house after we leave. Isn't Zach so cute? He couldnt'stop kicking all the water out of the container!
The day of the wedding - Sat 31st Jan 2009
L: Here's Z wearing the necklace that JL's parents bought him. I love the little gold charm on his necklace. It's the Chinese Gold Coin that has the word 'prosperity' inscribed on it in Chinese. He looked like a kung fu kid.
R: Our boy has got no manners. I really don't know who taught him how to put those legs of his up so high like that..
The Reception Dinner
Our Table

2 comments:
i love the pic of zach putting up his legs up high the best. OMG how cute is that!!!!! i think it's the angle of the pic was taken too. showing his chubby legs. aww!!!! lucky he's a boy. so can be excused. if a gal put legs up high and wide open, so not appropriate hor... hahahaha.
waahahaha ;-( ... how i wish i could b there too to celebrate ur bro's happy day ... nevamind, stil got Allen :-) Gosh! he is finally a "GROWN" up man now, so happy for him. N d pic of ur hubby sitting on d memorial wall ... woohoo! wat a nice pose ... he can b AUSTRALIA NEXT TOP MODEL! okey dokes. ciao!
luv, steph
Post a Comment