Sunday, April 26, 2009

KR's baby shower



One of my great chickies at work who have now become my boss is currently 36 weeks pregnant! To send Kirsten off in style, I organised her baby shower held at Radii in Park Hyatt Hotel. The place was absolutely beautiful! I loved the electric blue lights than ran across the restaurant (yes can you tell I'm a sucker for nice decor in hotels and restaurants?!).

I must admit, the high tea here in Australia is no where in comparison to the high tea in Singapore. After tasting the hotel buffets in Australia, it had really made me miss Singapore so so much! For example, the high tea in Radii was not an all you can eat style. Instead, they handed food to you on your table (vs you going out to get it yourself!). Not only that the tea & coffee you can with the high tea was your normal brew coffee & lipton tea (vs the cafe lattes/hot chocolate/english breakfast kinda tea). Gosh I was really disappointed when I saw the spread being laid out on the table but thank God all the ladies loved it (perhaps it's cos they've not seen how high tea is truly done in Singas ;) Anyway, the good thing about this restaurant was that if you have the entertainment card, they give you a full 25% off with just using one single card (rather than 4!)

Anyway, after we had finished all of the food, we made KR open her pressies & then I made everyone participate in two silly games! After that was over, I made everyone pose for the camera to take this shot below. Gosh you should've seen all the crap I received for being a real Nazi on the day! LOL! I'm so going to miss Kirsten!! She's been such a great boss since I've come back from my maternity leave... I wonder who can ever replace her shoes?!

p/s don't you love the pink vs blue colour coordination in our dress code? I made everyone wear either pink or blue depending on what they think Kirsten will be having (as Kirsten chose not to know until the day she delivers. Isn't it funny how all Caucasians usually don't want to know whereas all Asians all want to know! LOL!). Then when the world finally knows the sex of her baby, those who wore the right colour will get a prize (of which I will be organising) good idea hey?