Monday, March 29, 2010

Greetings from Sydney

I woke up this morning at 4am to catch my flight at 6:30am for Sydney for work. We spent the whole day having conference at Sydney Olympic Park. By 5:30pm, we proceeded to have pre-dinner drinks literally standing on the oval of the stadium. I even sat on the podium which Cathy Freeman stood when she received Gold for her 400m race back in 2000 for the Sydney Olympics. It was truly grand to stand right in the centre of the oval stadium and pretend over 20K faces in the audience are looking back at you :) We then had dinner and games. By about 8pm, I was totally exhausted, my sales director who was my ex boss back in Singas, saw how tired I was and offered to take me back to my hotel. Not only that, he carried my laptop bag while we walked to his car. Gosh I'm too blessed! By the time I went to bed, it was 11pm. I was totally knackered!

When I talked to my 2 boys tonight, you could hear my little one on the phone saying 'mama mama'. He even got out his Chinese story books (cos he was saying a a a a) all ready for me to read to him as his bed time story (but of course I'm not there so he has to put up with his daddy's broken & out of tune Chinese.. LOL). Mr M told me this morning that when he woke up, immediately he went to look for me saying 'mama mama' and of course I was no where to be found. My poor baby!

Gosh it's times like this that makes me not want to travel any more. I'm so home sick....