Mrs M on the other hand had always prayed that God would grant her a daughter. A daughter that would share girly things with her, bond over feminine issues, cook with her, go shopping together, sharing through pregnancy/labour pains in the future together etc etc. I had always believed that God's faithfulness would prevail despite everyone saying to me that I was more likely to have sons since there are a lot of boys running in both of our families.
So when I fell pregnant with BM2, I remember looking at my 12wks scan seeing my baby's face for the first time and realising that BM2's head features was actually quite similar to mine. I started to have hope that it would be a girl until.....
I had constant nausea (although it was no where as bad as Z), breaking out zits, having pointy tummy! Everyone was convinced that I was having a boy to the point that I too, had lost hope that my 2nd child would be a girl. Then came all the news that of all of our friends & colleagues were expecting or just had a son! I was convinced too that I was going to have another boy! So I had told everyone that it was a boy & that Z would be very blessed to have a brother to have play fights/wrestling matches with :)
This morning, we finally went to have our 20week ultrasound scan. After the doctor had spent 20mins measuring BM2's organs, bone structure & features, he finally asked us 'so any questions?'
Finally, the long awaited moment has come. I quickly asked him 'Can you please tell us the sex of the child?'. He replied 'are you sure you want to know?' (which to me sounded like he was implying that it was a boy and that news would some what disappoint me). I continued to proceed with 'Of course!'. He then finally said 'ok.. I'm 100% convinced that it's a.......... (he was really good at keeping us in suspense as he literally took this long pause before finally saying) .... girl!'
It was at that point that I nearly fainted. All this time I had prepared myself to receive the news that it was going to be a boy. We had already picked a name for him & was going to start calling 'him' his name from today onwards. But God decided to startle us with our little surprise.
Mr M could not stop wiping the smile off his face. Immediately he said to me 'See I told you so.. '. He was the only 3 people out of like 80ppl that thought it was a girl. Everyone else too was convinced it was a boy including myself. I was totally over the moon. I felt like I was a million $ richer.
While driving to work, I started to tear.. I couldn't believe God had finally answered my prayer yet again. He has finally granted my longing to have a daughter. I am just so amazed & enveloped by His faithfulness in our lives. I can truthfully say that there has been nothing in my life that He has not granted me. How could I ever doubted Him in the first place with the sex of BM2?
Praise God in deed for our little Princess of the Living King! Mummy & Daddy can not wait to meet you!
"oh mummy, do you have to take a photo of me even at this tender age? Grrr"
PINK PINK PINK, DRESS DRESS DRESS ---> Here I come!

7 comments:
He's real isn't it? And His timing is always right! Never doubt Him. PTL!!! Oh btw, hubby and I are going to Melb in Oct. Do you think I have a chance to meet up with you and your family.
Congrats Vic! Now u can all the reason to buy more bags etc as u have a daugther to pass them on. Hurray! Having a girl is really different. I feel so satisfied just by looking at Allison everytime.
Mee Yong
Amelia: Yes PTL in deed! Yah I would love to meet you guys. The only thing is BM2 would still be very young so I doubt that we can go any where far. Perhaps you can come and visit our home? Just email me w your details on facebook & I'll let you know my contacts. Looking forward to meeting you :)
Cous: omg! I know it's a girl! I can finally go get more Prada/LV bags for durability right so can pass onto daughter in the future? ;) I had a dream last night I went crazy at the shops buying all of my girl's clothing! LOL!
Will do will do. I'm also thrill to meet you and Kelvin. :D And of course your little prince and princess.
Yup yup! Now I'm planning to get a birkin & pass down to Allison in the future! Ha!
MY
Congrats my dear .... u guys did it! i cannot wait 2 c ur prince n princess too. Make sure u stay @ my place wen u r here tis time round in Nov, okie? wah! oledy thinking of branded bags/wallets oledy ah?
steph
No, Vic,instead of putting a hermes bag on her arm, you can train her up to be a future designer herself with her own label and this brand is '(her first name) Ming' with one of the label 'Vicky Ming'.. apart from being luxury in terms of price her own personality, style and taste will be fully reflected.Though it will require a good amount of efforts, time and money it isn't impossible.
By The Way, a room with baby blue theme and the other one with all in baby pink will be coooollll. Jialin
Post a Comment