I can't believe at 17 weeks I can already feel my little one kick!
So far, I've gained 1.5kg. Not a bad efffort considering I don't exercise any where as much as when I was in SG. All the weight so far has been around my pointy tummy (yes another sign that BM2 will most likely be a boy). I think my butt has expanded too. Every time I sit for more than 2hrs, my butt would start to hurt cos of all the weight I'm carrying in my tummy/pelvic area. Hmmm I wonder how I'm going to sit on the plane for 4.5hrs to Perth come 33wks time! yikes!
I have had bad headaches for the past 2wks in a row. I finally saw my gynae & she told me that it was cos I have low blood pressure so she told me to drink gatorade/powerade sports energy drinks. As soon as she told me the cure, I went out to the supermarket to buy 2 bottles & voila, I no longer have any headaches! Hooray!
My zits have started to clear up and I think it's b/c my hormones are now settling into place. However, my memory loss is getting to be a common occurrence. I would do really stupid things at work like driving half hour to work only to discover at office car park that I had totally forgotten to bring my laptop! I then had to ring my boss to tell her I'm downstairs & will now be going back home to work there instead.. Thank God for an understanding boss! Then there are the times when I would attach the wrong documents in emails or forget to attach documents when my email says 'kindly refer to the attachment' etc. etc. etc. Usually I'm pretty with it, but now, I feel so useless all over again. I tell everyone it's truly b/c of my pregnancy brain and now all of my colleagues are like 'here we go again.. she's using that as an excuse again!' Grrrr...
I wake up at least 3 times a night to go pee & some times to attend Z's cries cos he now sleeps by himself on a queen sized bed in another room. The funny thing about Z is that he would sleep through the night on weekends but come weeknights (where his parents gotta go to work, he would wake up and disturb our sleep without fail... hmmmm a little bit sus here.. )
Besides all this, I must say finally at mid point of my 2nd trimester, my nausea has settled. I don't feel like vomitting when I wake up every morning now. Furthermore, I can eat normal food again without feeling like vomitting! I definitely do love 2nd trimester the best! Won't be long to go before the most difficult trimester sets in ---> *gulps*
